How to go from Leaked Gingerbread to Liberty Gingerbread?

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Does it? I really don't know. If not d2 bootstrap is 2 bucks in market. Im gonna try the debugging fix right now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nemesis099

Reaction score
Just so you know I just did the Liberty update after purchasing the Toolbox and it seems that Liberty won't boot now.

If I pull the battery and boot it goes into Clockwork but I'm not sure what else I can do to try and get it to boot.

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score
Just so you know I just did the Liberty update after purchasing the Toolbox and it seems that Liberty won't boot now.

If I pull the battery and boot it goes into Clockwork but I'm not sure what else I can do to try and get it to boot.

1. You were right about disabling USB debugging.
2. I just went from leaked rooted gingerbread straight to liberty gingerbread version. 4 and all seems well so far (yes, I skipped .1 and .3 because I was bored...lol)
3. Did you wipe data cache/factory reset before you flashed to liberty gingerbread? If not, go back and do it and it should load up properly.

4. Where the hell are all the themes in liberty gingerbread? I can't find them or they're not in the toolbox like the other liberty's had it setup. ;-(

I love liberty but definitely not a fan of yellow so...

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score

2. I just went from leaked rooted gingerbread straight to liberty gingerbread version. 4 and all seems well so far (yes, I skipped .1 and .3 because I was bored...lol)
3. Did you wipe data cache/factory reset before you flashed to liberty gingerbread? If not, go back and do it and it should load up properly.

4. Where the hell are all the themes in liberty gingerbread? I can't find them or they're not in the toolbox like the other liberty's had it setup. ;-(

#3 is a good suggestion.
Also just and fyi I just checked the toolbox and there is now v.05 available based on the new .591 gb leak

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Oh yea and find some themes here in the forum I believe there are a few. Mobile Sensei just did one I think

nemesis099

Reaction score

I wiped the data cache/factory reset twice and still nothing. I'll try a few more things but I guess I'll be doing a SBF tonight.

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score
Download the newest one and try that first. Otherwise, not sure why mine worked and yours didn't. It makes no sense since we were coming from the same rom. Although I did skip straight to version.04

Last edited:

nemesis099

Reaction score
Download the newest one and try that first. Otherwise, not sure why mine worked and yours didn't. It makes no sense since we were coming from the same rom. Although I did skip straight to version.04

Well can't seem to book into clockwork anymore. I guess I'll be waiting to SBF tonight. I started with 2.01 I guess I should have skipped to 2.04 even though it said not to.

No worries just means I'll get it working when I get home.

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Might as well go straight to v.05 now

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Lol its worth the wait. Good luck

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score

Version .4 works good from what my initial impression gives me but I tried flashing to version .5 twice now, once with wiping data/factory reset, and once without wiping and both times I could make calls but no internet, at all. It would load the browser once and than die forever. I even called verizon thinking it was them but nope. I went through the *228 - option 1 and 2 process both times too and still nothing.

I flashed back to version .4 and it works again.

Just my initial experience.

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score

Version .4 works good from what my initial impression gives me but I tried flashing to version .5 twice now, once with wiping data/factory reset, and once without wiping and both times I could make calls but no internet, at all. It would load the browser once and than die forever. I even called verizon thinking it was them but nope. I went through the *228 - option 1 and 2 process both times too and still nothing.

Did u do the .591 kernel update as well?

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score

Did u do the .591 kernel update as well?

No sir, forgot all about it. Oops... although the internet not working would've made it hard to download after. I wonder if I can download it before moving to version. 5?

Also, do you have to wipe data cache everytime even for these incremental updates?
Example from. 4 to. 5?