How to go from Leaked Gingerbread to Liberty Gingerbread?

J32P

Reaction score
Hi, had to finally register to ask the following. How do I get to Liberty Gingerbread from
The leaked Gingerbread? I need a complete walk through. I know I will have to SBF back to 320/340 but how do I do it and what one do I have to SBF to?

By the way, still new to this world but love Liberty since 1. I will gladly pay if the creators
Make sure they build the newer ones better each time and fix bugs regularly.

Thanks

bluskyline21

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I'm awake right now, let alone on forums, but here's an sbf guide I found: Linky it's old but the steps are the same.

Liberty GB can be installed via Liberty Toolbox (donate) in the Market. I believe you have to dl 0.1 before you dl 0.4. You would choose the 'already on GB' option in the download list. So you don't have to sbf back to Froyo, in order to get the Liberty Gingerbread if you're already on GB.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I'm awake right now, let alone on forums, but here's an sbf guide I found: Linky it's old but the steps are the same.

Liberty GB can be installed via Liberty Toolbox (donate) in the Market. I believe you have to dl 0.1 before you dl 0.4. You would choose the 'already on GB' option in the download list. So you don't have to sbf back to Froyo, in order to get the Liberty Gingerbread if you're already on GB.

Can anyone confirm this?

nemesis099

Reaction score

Wait so if you have the rooted GB (not Liberty) installed you can switch to Liberty GB using the Toolbox on the Market without SBFing back to Froyo?

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
All correct if you are currently on .588 then just get the liberty toolbox (donate version) and tada! Also make sure you start at .01 version and work your way up

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nemesis099

Reaction score
All correct if you are currently on .588 then just get the liberty toolbox (donate version) and tada! Also make sure you start at .01 version and work your way up

What about if the version is .573?

Sorry to ask but when I dug into the huge thread on this is was taking forever to find anything.

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
As long as your on gb you will be fine. The liberty gb rom will bring you up to .588.

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score
Im on. 573 as well. I just tried to install bootstrap so I can flash to liberty GB but my phone reboots without installing bootstrap so Im stuck at the moment.

:-(

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
The toolbox makes it pretty ease. It will give prompts and install the rom for you. Go into the nightlies folder of the toolbox and its easy peezy

Last edited:
OP
J

J32P

Reaction score
The toolbox makes it pretty ease. It will give prompts and install the rom for you. Go into the nightlies folder of the toolbox and its easy peezy

I tried that too. It does the same reboot, sometimes to a blank screen. I even tried to manually download and install the bootstrap program and I get a parsing package error when installing it. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
Did u use the D2 bootstrap? Also are you starting with the first version .01 before going straight to v0.4?

Last edited:

Ch0s3n0n3

Reaction score
For some reason the DX one is not allowing people to boot into recovery, apparently the D2 bootstrap works for the DX

OP
J

J32P

Reaction score
For some reason the DX one is not allowing people to boot into recovery, apparently the D2 bootstrap works for the DX

Anyone have a link for the D2 bootstrap.

nemesis099

Reaction score

I thought the DX Bootstrap worked if you disabled the USB debugging.