How to go from FRG01B Rooted to FRG22D rooted?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dafischman, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dafischman

dafischman New Member

Hey all, I rooted my replacement phone that came with FRG01B awhile back. Now I keep getting the notification to update to FRG22D. I am currently running a P3 kernel for overclocking but like the stock rom. What is the best way to get the updated version? Can I just find an FRG22D rooted rom and use that or would it be easier to use my Universal Androot program to unroot, then update the phone than reroot again. Thanks!

Josh
  2. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Well there is this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

I think you have to be nonrooted to use this. So if you choose to unroot, then get the official FRG22D OTA update, you can then follow the above link to simply add root to your os. This way, you wouldn't lose any apps or settings in the process. The link will give you a custom recovery and it also provides the zip file to put in root access. Currently, i don't think there is a one click root method for 22d.

I also found this which i guess is a full stock rooted FRG22D rom (you need a custom recovery to install it):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/75695-release-official-frg22d-deodexed-su-busybox.html

I have not used this, so i don't know how legit it is. I never used a stock 22d rooted rom. i went from 01b straight to cyanogenmod 6 which is 22d, and I have had no problem with it. So I would suggest to unroot, get the official OTA, and then follow the steps in the first link. It just seems more legit that way in my opinion. Hopefully someone else can respond to you as well and throw in their two cents.