How to go directly to webpage w/out Google?

Taina51

Reaction score
Here is what I'm doing:

1. Open browser via the Browser icon
  2. type in the URL I'm want to go to
  3. touch "go"
result: it goes to Google and shows links that are similar to what I'm entering, as if I wanted a search, which I don't.

I went to options and set my home page to CNN.com - Brrreaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News trying to get it "out" of google, but if I go to cnn.com and repeat steps 1-3 above, again it goes to google.

I tried to duplicate what you wrote and it only happens when I typed the information in the Google search box NOT when I typed in the URL box at the very top of the window.

brownm279

Reaction score
I was frustrated with the same issue and came here but I also needed a better answer. Here is my solution. Go to the Google search and get page up. Hit menu - the url window will slide down from the top for short second and you have to tap it fast, then the keyboard will open.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
If you just slide your finger down the address bar appears at the top. Not sure what you mean by "get page up".

brownm279

Reaction score
Thx

I gave that a try - no luck for me. My driod does not respond to that slide down on the Google page motion. Menu is all that brings up the url bar.