How to go back to stock 2.1 For Newbi

jwcrago

Reaction score
I have the droid X with 2.1 did the one click root worked great. Then found the leaked 2.2 update.zip put that on. This is the only things I have done to the phone. I want a simple way to go back to the stock 2.1 and wait for the OTA update please a simple link to instructions I can follow. Thanks

kdkinc

Reaction score
I have the droid X with 2.1 did the one click root worked great. Then found the leaked 2.2 update.zip put that on. This is the only things I have done to the phone. I want a simple way to go back to the stock 2.1 and wait for the OTA update please a simple link to instructions I can follow. Thanks

Up into yesterday it was a simple thing to do. It seems that Motorola has put the squash on a important piece of software that you'll need to go back.
It called SBF file plus you need a program called RDS lite.

It possible but you have a lot of searching to find the SBF file. There are also plenty of how to go back threads.

Good luck but why not wait and see if you can get the OTA 2.2 if you need it.
IMHO i don't think their well be much to gain plus if you have 2.2 root now you'll lose it in the OTA 2.2.

cincycats51

Reaction score
I would like to go back to 2.1 as well. I am not rooted and I have 2.2, but for whatever reason, the battery life on the leaked 2.2 is terrible on my phone. With normal use on 2.1, I would go well over 12 hours and have 50 or 60% battery left, but with 2.2 I'm lucky I get 4 hours with light to normal use.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I would like to go back to 2.1 as well. I am not rooted and I have 2.2, but for whatever reason, the battery life on the leaked 2.2 is terrible on my phone. With normal use on 2.1, I would go well over 12 hours and have 50 or 60% battery left, but with 2.2 I'm lucky I get 4 hours with light to normal use.

You must have something running the background like updates or wx checks,
delete the programs you added one at a time or check the battery resource .
There are utilities that shows whats running and how long.
such as "SystemPanel"

OP
J

jwcrago

Reaction score
Hopefully I will be able to do the ota update when its avaiable. I was rooted with easy root before I did the update and lost my wifi tether any way to get easy root to work with 2.2

Crimsongost

Reaction score
Let me know if you still need help getting back to stock.
Just PM me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cincycats51

Reaction score

such as "SystemPanel"

Thats the thing, Iv changed nothing since the 2.2 update. My screen brightness is all the way down, and my display is still #1 on my battery list (as it should be). I must say though, every since the 2.2 update the screen does look brighter and more vibrant, so maybe the setting for the lightest brightness is higher in 2.2? I dont know, all I know is that its because of 2.2 that my battery is much worse. It was so god after reading the battery thread, but now its awful again.

Reaction score
i updated to 2.2 and haven't had a single problem. I have had my phone unplugged all weekend without a problem. Still at 60% in fact.

kdkinc

Reaction score

such as "SystemPanel"

Thats the thing, Iv changed nothing since the 2.2 update. My screen brightness is all the way down, and my display is still #1 on my battery list (as it should be). I must say though, every since the 2.2 update the screen does look brighter and more vibrant, so maybe the setting for the lightest brightness is higher in 2.2? I dont know, all I know is that its because of 2.2 that my battery is much worse. It was so god after reading the battery thread, but now its awful again.

Look into clearing your cache.
Maybe some leftovers from the 2.1 setup???
That the power & home button deal to get into recovery then select wipe cache.
See what others say about my suggestion....
hope it helps

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Does anyone know of where i can find a stock 2.1 ROM? Without using the SBF method?

Reaction score
Can't go back to stock from 2.2 on X

I'm stuck in the "eye" loop after trying to flash back to 2.1 with the SBF file. I lost my root, so I wanted to return to stock. RSD Lite said it completed successfully - but it's stuck in that "Droid to Eye" loop. I've successfully flashed it once before, but it's not liking it this time. Any ideas why it would fail going back from an unrooted 2.2 version to stock???? :icon_eek:

UPDATE: Never mind... caught it mid-boot and did a factory reset. All is good in the world again.

mwm523

Reaction score
I'm stuck in the "eye" loop after trying to flash back to 2.1 with the SBF file. I lost my root, so I wanted to return to stock. RSD Lite said it completed successfully - but it's stuck in that "Droid to Eye" loop. I've successfully flashed it once before, but it's not liking it this time. Any ideas why it would fail going back from an unrooted 2.2 version to stock???? :icon_eek:

I actually just did the same thing, data wipe, flash back to stock 2.1 SBF file, and I'm stuck in that reboot loop too... :icon_evil:

mwm523

Reaction score

I actually just did the same thing, data wipe, flash back to stock 2.1 SBF file, and I'm stuck in that reboot loop too... :icon_evil:

Ok, so after being stuck in the reboot loop, I booted back into recovery, did another data wipe, and then it booted up fine. strange...