HOW TO Give Your Android Device The IOS 7 Look And Feel!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;7fFk7aOjaAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fFk7aOjaAk&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

You probably missed it, but Apple announced a new version of IOS slated to release this fall. IOS 7 looks to revolutionize the way we use our phones, but in my humble opinion its just more of Apple ripping off Android! The reason you may have missed the announcement altogether is because Apple chose to have their WWDC event at the same time E3 was going on. Their event happened on the same day that Sony was announcing their all new console which is something they only do about once every 10 years!

The great thing about Android is that you don't just have to live with what Google says is the right look and feel for your device. If you like you can change the theming and even the way the device operates altogether with custom launchers and other mods. DroidForums member "BenLand150" has put together a quick demo on how to give your Android device the look and feel of the new Ios7. If your boat floats that way you should check it out.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's nice to have that option but to me that would be downgrading. no widgets and no folder? no thanks!

Unsocial

Reaction score
If you want the look and feel of IOS...just go buy an iphone!!!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post!

And I agree guys, after the video I restored my previous home screen. I can not deal with just a screen of apps, haha. That's what app drawers are for.

However, this is purely meant to show that if in fact you like it, you can do it. Or if you just want to brag to your friends or coworkers that you can already get that look before iOS 7 is even released this fall, you can. The many joys of Android. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin' Beans 18!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I only liked the large icons which I used nova for as well.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
bnmbnmb_zps6866dcaa.gif

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm sure my newly converted iPhone to android peeps would appreciate it actually being ahead of the curve.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give it the iOS7 look? I see it every time I look at Play Music anyway. They may have done their own color scheme for it, but I definitely feel some "great artists steal" going on when I see their new music app.

As for the rest, they can keep it =p Those new icons are hideous; at least the old ones were just kind of vanilla and unobtrusive.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I should probably get rid of some of the 30+ widgets I have, but I will never buy or replicate the "tiny toy that launches apps".

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
because we can, unlike apple which you can't make look like an android ;)

I've seen a coworker dual boot android and ios on his iPhone but that was a few years back in the froyo days

Note Duece