How to give different contacts their own ringtone?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by cvadh387, Jul 6, 2011.

1. cvadh387

cvadh387 New Member

Hey guys..im a new droid charge owner..and also new to droid in general (pretty much coming from apple - ipad and ipod touch owner..no iphone) Im about to transfer ringtones i had on my old phone to the sd card in my charge. Im wondering how do i give certain people their own ringtone? Is this possible with an unrooted charge? I dont plan on rooting it. I just want to give certain contacts their own ringtones in my charge...like for my bf and for work. I couldnt figure out how to do it. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance!!
  2. stevo95

stevo95 New Member

If it's the same as the droid it's pretty easy, although I dont know why most/all smartphones are limited in this when compared to really old phones. Open the contact, dont select edit instead select options. You should have a ringtone option which will be default, if you select this, it allows you to pick any ringtone you want.

On old phones you could have "groups" of contacts and assign a specific ringtone to each group, there's probably an app for that which I am not aware of.
  3. cvadh387

cvadh387 New Member

Hmm...when i open the contact, i dont see "options". I just see: edit, delete, and send via" :/
  4. BeefJerky

BeefJerky New Member

Go to your contacts and select the one you want. Then bring up the menu and select edit. There is an option in there to select ringtone.
  5. cvadh387

cvadh387 New Member

I just did all of that. After i select edit, it only gives me the option to edit the name, phone number, and email address. It does not let me change the ringtone.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to do it through an app I downloaded called Ringo Pro. but thanks for the help anyways!
  6. lordbear

lordbear New Member

Select the contact, hit Menu button and choose Edit. Scroll down to Ringtone. Choose Sound to select a sound file from somewhere on your SDCard -or- choose Phone ringtone to choose a ringtone. To add more ringtones to the phone, put compatible sound files in the /media/audio/ringtones folder (via USB connection).
Search tags for this page
how do i give a contact their own ringtone on my galaxy s3

how do i give. each. contact a prrsonal ringtone?

how do i set personal ringtones for each contact on my andro

how do we give a certain person a certain ringtone

how to give a certain person in your contacts a certain ring

how to give a specific number it's own ringtone on a samsung

how to give people separate ringtone on samsung galaxy

how to give people their own ringtone

how to give someone in your contacts their own ringtone

how to set just one person ringtones with galaxy 4

how to set ringtone in the samsung droid charge phone

samsung charge assign custom ringtone to contact