how to get to downloads?

LC Bass

Reaction score
I am super new to the droid and I have lost my user guide. Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how I might go about getting to my downloads? (you know the little arrow in the toolbar that tells you that you have recieved a download.) Please speak very elementary to me because I am a newbie. Thank you...

RichStevenson

Reaction score
If you're referring to the list of apps that you downloaded in the Market, then...
1. Click the Market icon.
2. Click the menu button on the bottom of your phone, it is second from the left shown with four horizontal white lines, with the top most line being longer than the three below it.
3. Click Downloads.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am super new to the droid and I have lost my user guide. Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how I might go about getting to my downloads? (you know the little arrow in the toolbar that tells you that you have recieved a download.) Please speak very elementary to me because I am a newbie. Thank you...

Just go to the store, press your menu button and you will see your downloads.

You didn't ask for this but here's something else that may be helpful.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you get there, you'll see if there's an update for any of your apps. Press on that app and you'll get the instructions for the update.

OP
L

LC Bass

Reaction score
i tried that and it worked for my downloads but it seems that the download i tried to recieve didn't complete itself. is there anyway to remove the little arrow icon? not a big deal just a bit annoying.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think what the OP is referring to is a downloaded file from the internet, like the PDF manual that he described.

There are three ways to access your file:

1. From the notification bar, that will take you to your download history (provided the message is still available). You can open the file from there.

2. From a file explorer such as Astro or EStrongs (downloaded from the Market). You can then browse to your SD card and open the Downloads folder to open your file.

3. From an installed app like a PDF viewer or Docs2Go. You will be able to browse to the file like a desktop app in order to open it.

Of course the other method would be to mount your SD card to your PC and read the PDF from there.

CDB

Reaction score
Open up the web browser, hit the Menu key, tap 'More' and a pop-up menu will appear with 'Downloads' near the bottom. Shortcut is Menu+d.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open up the web browser, hit the Menu key, tap 'More' and a pop-up menu will appear with 'Downloads' near the bottom. Shortcut is Menu+d.
good tip. i knew you could get to that section somehow. just couldn't remember how.

OP
L

LC Bass

Reaction score
thank you very much that was simple easy and quick. your explaination was very clear.

wickedgrip

Reaction score

:icon_ banana: thank you so much, Im kind of a Newb too so I was having trouble finding some things

mishadancer

Reaction score

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're the only one who understood this was a super simple question and provided the super simple answer. It was really bugging me not to be able to find items I had downloaded from the internet and was afraid I was going to have to spend $10 to buy Quickoffice orr something. Thank you, thank you, thank you!