how to get to .902 from 5.5.892??

luke55

Reaction score
Alright i'm having trouble finding how to do this. all I can find is always coming from .893. but my phone is a .892 version. Or does this not make a difference?
my phone is rooted right now but i dont have 4ever root or anything and i want to get to the .901/.902 update would someone please walk me through this? haha thanks

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I'm just guessing here BC i'm not sure either but can't you forever root your phone then allow the phone to ota update? As long as you unfreeze your bloat you should be good to go...

OP
L

luke55

Reaction score
would that mean i need to get the stock rom back? or can i do it from a 3rd party rom?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
You would have to restore a backup of stock Android in order to ota. Hopefully you have one. If not then your going to have to go a little further and use rsd and all that which i'm lucky I never had to do. I might be able to link you or someone else can chime in and help if you have to go that route.

eye_dea

Reaction score
I can help with rsdlite if needed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
L

luke55

Reaction score
Ok i got back yo factory settings with forever root. Then when i try to OTA updat it says "no updates avalible at this time"..now what

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
And what's your Android version say? Just double check that...

OP
L

luke55

Reaction score
ohh okay now it reads .886 before it was diffrent. probably had to do with the rom i had installed. ok but yea it still says "try again later" when i try a OTA..

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
OP
L

luke55

Reaction score
I cant find rsd 5.5 lite anywhere. This os ****ed. Or can i find legit update zip files.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums