1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to get the link for OTA

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Atst44, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Atst44

Atst44 New Member

I know this has been posted before, but I cannot seem to find it.
    I haven't gotten the thing yet, but just in case...
    I want to be able to get this in the hands of someone who can mash it to bits ASAP!

Mahalo!
  2. Atst44

Atst44 New Member

Also... (Sorry for all the questions...)
    Do I need to go back to 100% stock, or will the droidmod with JUST root (not the rom) pick up the update as well?
    (I went to 100% stock, but I am curious!)
  3. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

The only reason you would need to go back to 100% stock is if droidmod blocked the ota update, I can't remember if it did or not. But you should be fine now =)
  4. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Need to be running a 2.0.1 base I would think and have ota updates enabled again.

Then when you get the prompt, let it download, then choose install now or install later.

If you want to keep root, just pick install later, and you still have the update.zip on your sdcard to share if you want.
  5. Atst44

Atst44 New Member

I mean, how to get the link via ADB

I dont want to D/L the ota.
    I thought there was a way to cancel it and pull the link via adb...
  6. Topsy

Topsy New Member

It has to download to the phone , adb only pulls from the phone.

Just let it download, but cancel the install. then you can adb pull the update.zip from the sdard.
  7. Atst44

Atst44 New Member

Oh, I was under the impression that I could get the server address.
    Either way, that would work too, I guess.
    Mahalo!
  8. Topsy

Topsy New Member

No it's a controlled push rollout, so u can't force it.

I think it was 10k the first day, then a 24 hr wait to see if there are any issues with the update, then they will proceed with 200k each day after.
  9. Yarbster

Yarbster New Member

wait so if i have a hacked droid that is 2.1 right now, will i still be able to get the official with the OTA?
  10. christim

christim Super Moderator

Of course, once it comes out and once you unroot. Or once the official update is available through the same unofficial means the 2.01 update was made available so you can apply it manually yourself.
  11. phatkat66

phatkat66 New Member

I heard that even if you "block" the OTA update it still gets sent to your phone but it cant fnid a specific file to initiate the update. But im wondering if the file is called "update.zip" and I already have an "update.zip" on my sdcard how will i know I received it?
  12. baniels

baniels New Member

If I am lucky enough to be one of the first people to get it I will just look for the update.zip on the SD card with Astro copy it to another folder before rebooting.

Of course I have already deleted any other update.zip in the root of my sd card so I can be certain when a new one shows up. Keep that in mind if you have been applying any other updates.
  13. creamers

creamers New Member

Whoever gets the offical 2.1 publish here on the forums. I really want it since it has native live wallpapers.

By updating though it just wipes system. Right?
  14. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

If you are running SPRecovery, it should block OTAs (.99.2b and .99.3b do at least) . Anyone running it shouldn't get the OTA. If your ROM has blocked them, then you are blocked in two ways. I haven't really paid attention if ROMs are still blocking them manually, though it shouldn't matter with SPRecovery.

I am not too sure about Clockwork recovery and Koush's ROM. I would assume they would be blocked on his too, but I am purely speculating on this.
  15. phatkat66

phatkat66 New Member

I highly doubt it wipes the system, I don't remember the 2.0.1 update doing that, plus it would piss off alot of people if it wiped your system because you have to redo all of your settings, ringtones, emails, everything would be done from scratch and thats not really going to make people happy. Thats why I haven't switched to a 2.1 rom yet. I did so before and the amount of info that ended up missing and reset was too much of a hassle.
  16. Yarbster

Yarbster New Member

wait so i will have to unroot my phone first? or will i get the OTA and it will do everything for me?
  17. Topsy

Topsy New Member

OTA has been postponed for the moment, they found a bug in the update process, and are testing a fix now.
  18. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

For you to get the update you will have to unroot your phone. If you have Super Permissions on your phone you will not get the update because you are still rooted. And as someone else pointed out SPRecovery has to be removed before you can get the update. With DM 1.0 this all happens with a push of an icon (or two).
  19. Humpa

Humpa New Member

That was just one of the rumors. According to VZW, they released the test yesterday as scheduled. And the rollout of ese53 is unchanged - they said they had not released the official rollout date, and still didn't. But some have rumored that it is for one week after the test (so next thursday).
  20. christim

christim Super Moderator

Use your favorite method of navigating around your phone, root explorer, terminal emulator, astro.

Navigate to /etc/security and look at the files there. If /etc/security/otacerts.bak is the file you have then you are blocked from getting updates OTA.

With that being said, I do have an otacerts.zip in the same directory. This is what the update looks for. On SG 6.0 I have no idea what's in that file but I do know if you have no otacerts.zip file in that directory you will not get the OTA. It could be Adamz put empty content in there so the cert won't match what Verizon will be looking for and it still will block the update. I've just renamed the zip to bak2 to ensure no update. The only sure way to get the update is to unroot and go back to stock.
Search tags for this page

how to adb pull ota file from htc one?