How to get Sholes mod 2.1? (when it comes)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kevsauce, Feb 9, 2010.

1. kevsauce

kevsauce New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    My question is when the sholes team has a rooted 2.1 version (and hopefully fixes like the landscape/slide out keyboard problem will be fixed because it should be inherent in the 2.1 release) how will it get out to us? Do we have to download it from a dev site? Or will they update the Market SM Updater application to show you the 2.1 ROM to choose from? I remember currently there was a list of 3 to choose from to download in the app (2.0.3 *****in Bagel was the latest I think) - so would that list just get updated?
    I was thinking about going back to stock 2.1 but because of slight bugs in Bagel....but I will miss my ease of SetCPU and Wifi Tethering....so as long as they release a pure 2.1 with this stuff just added on, I would be very happy.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    First somebody has to figure out how to root 2.1. Nobody has done that yet to the best of my knowledge.

Kind of putting the cart in front of the horse.:) Sholes are very good though, I would imagine it will be available in the market. You may be asked for another 5.00 donation. Or maybe not. Anyway expect bugs with it, it's never going to be perfect. They fix something, they break something else (like maps in 2.0.3).

3. kevsauce

kevsauce New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was reading from another forum somebody got an email from the dev saying they are going to incorporate it asap. Shouldn't take long I imagine. All it takes is someone in the Droid community to upload their update.zip and I'm sure they will get right to work on it.

4. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes team will have their custom ROMs available via the SMupdater, this will include 2.1 when they have it rooted and mostly stable. You will also be able to download from their site and flash manually if that is your preference.

5. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 was rooted before the Nexus was even released.