How to get rid of Motocast?

hody

Reaction score
I started using Motocast today, and I just don't like it. It's cool, but I want to turn it off. I would only use it for music. I see it as kind of a pain to stream from my laptop to my phone to listen to music and would rather just put like 200 songs on my SD card.
but... I can't turn it off! I have no clue what to do. Tried going into manage my accounts, but it has a lock icon and it won't let me remove the account like my other accounts. Any suggestions?

OP
H

hody

Reaction score
FUHHHH.. that's what I was afraid of. I haven't tried this yet, but, since it automatically syncs with the desktop, docs, music, pictures, and videos, could I just change the preferred locations that I have remote access to to like a single, blank folder? Should accomplish about the same thing, right?

OP
H

hody

Reaction score
Oh yeah, duh haha. Yeah that makes more sense. Now, if I can get the box with my wireless settings to load correctly, I'll be set. Thanks!

overresearched

Reaction score
I posted this before, but you might solve your problem by resetting MotoCast.

From the Motorola website:

What should I do if MotoCast Wireless freezes?

If you inadvertently attempted to share many tens or hundreds of thousands of items you may find that the sync process is taking too long or that application performance is slowing down.

In these situations, you may want to reset MotoCast, change your desktop settings to share less content, then re-sync MotoCast again.

The below procedure allows you to accomplish this task in these types of situations.

1. Touch Apps

2. Touch Settings

3. Touch Applications

4. Touch Manage Applications

5. Touch All

6. Touch MotoCast

7. Touch Clear data

This will clear the MotoCast databases and place the device apps back to their intial state.

Last edited:

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I posted this before, but you might solve your problem by resetting MotoCast.

From the Motorola website:

What should I do if MotoCast Wireless freezes?

If you inadvertently attempted to share many tens or hundreds of thousands of items you may find that the sync process is taking too long or that application performance is slowing down.

In these situations, you may want to reset MotoCast, change your desktop settings to share less content, then re-sync MotoCast again.

The below procedure allows you to accomplish this task in these types of situations.

1. Touch Apps

2. Touch Settings

3. Touch Applications

4. Touch Manage Applications

5. Touch All

6. Touch MotoCast

7. Touch Clear data

This will clear the MotoCast databases and place the device apps back to their intial state.

After that, open your applications, Long Press the Motocast App and select "Hide" This way you don't have to look at the app any longer.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
For music i find google music better, as your songs are uploaded to googles cloud...

Install the Google program on your computer, point it to your music and it uploads.

You can stream or if you wish you can even download the music to the phone ..

----posted maxx'ed out----

besworkman

Reaction score
Remove Motocast

On my RazrMaxx, it let me remove my MotoCast Account from the Accounts setting location

I started using Motocast today, and I just don't like it. It's cool, but I want to turn it off. I would only use it for music. I see it as kind of a pain to stream from my laptop to my phone to listen to music and would rather just put like 200 songs on my SD card.
but... I can't turn it off! I have no clue what to do. Tried going into manage my accounts, but it has a lock icon and it won't let me remove the account like my other accounts. Any suggestions?