How to get out of this brick?

bd1212

Reaction score
Well, I was on the FIRST LEAK of Gingerbread for the DX. Everything was running fine, but I wanted to try out a new rom for gingerbread that was based on the NEWEST LEAK (.588), but in order to do so, I had to sbf back to 2.3.340.

So, I backed up my DX's current state, plugged it into my PC, shut it off, booted into the bootloader, opened RSD Lite 4.8, selected the appropriate SBF file, and clicked start.

Everything started off without a problem, but a few seconds later, I checked on the RSD Lite and it said "Error: Failed the flashing process."

I then googled around for an answer. Answers that I found said to try to restart the sbf and that it would usually fix it. I then did that, but after doing so, I got a new error. The new error states "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Error getting subscriber unit information."

What do I do now? I'm completely stuck and do not know what to do. I have sbf'd in the past and NEVER had any problems, so I'm quite calm at the moment.

Please help as I would like to get this fixed quickly!

Thanks in advance.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
I think I just fixed it. o_o

I pulled the battery and put it back in and upon doing this, my phone immediately -- without me touching it -- booted back into the bootloader screen and said I was on bootloader version 30.03 (before it said I was on bootloader version 30.04). This seemed strange to me, but I shrugged it off. Under the version number, it said "Code Corrupt", and under that it said "Battery good" or something along those lines and then under that it said "ok to program". I then restarted the sbf and now it's going through the process perfectly.

ninjaman23

Reaction score
hey man i had the same scenerio happen today... gonna try again tonight..mines did not change back to .03 thou..n i dont think my battery was full