how to get movies from Droid X to computer

cmweaver2004

Reaction score
please help... been trying for a couple weeks now and still not able to load my movies from my phone camcorder to the laptop... what do i need to do... any help would be great... thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
usb mass storage enabled on the dx and then just drag and drop not working?

OP
C

cmweaver2004

Reaction score
yeah, not working... it shows up in 3gp form.... trying to get it to my Windows Movie Maker

OP
C

cmweaver2004

Reaction score
this is the error message it get when trying to load on windows movie maker: The file C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\2010-07-29_16-10-12_472.3gp cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try changing the file extension to .avi or such

evildesign

Reaction score
try changing the file extension to .avi or such

That not going to work, if you are looking to just play them, download and install VLC ( VideoLAN - VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player ) or you could convert them using Quick Media Converter ( Quick Media Converter 4.0.0.32 Beta - VideoHelp.com Downloads ) or if your on OSX use FFmpegx ( http://www.ffmpegx.com/ ), or ffmpeg( on linux based operating systems ) to a format you want them in.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Good ol Windows and not letting you use full functionality without buying extra codecs. You can download VLC media player and that will probably play them but as far as making them into movies you can check Nero. Should be a free version somewhere that might work for you. Or Divx is always a good choice.

GmanApps

Reaction score
Checkout mobile media converter by miksoft.net. Can google it. Had versions for mac, windows, linux and is free. Does video and audio conversions