how to get MMS messages to show up as pix and not slideshow

tech94

Reaction score
I was annoyed w receiving mms pix as a 5 sec slideshow. I searched around but couldn't find answers online. I started playing w the camera settings and discovered that if u adjust the review time after a photo is taken it also adjusts the view time on the mms received. I set mine to unlimited and I can view received pix as long as i like. hope this helps

ctxx24

Reaction score
I was annoyed w receiving mms pix as a 5 sec slideshow. I searched around but couldn't find answers online. I started playing w the camera settings and discovered that if u adjust the review time after a photo is taken it also adjusts the view time on the mms received. I set mine to unlimited and I can view received pix as long as i like. hope this helps

Didnt work for me still 5 secs then gone.

R24D24

Reaction score
Yeah, after I had someone send me a pic, this fix did not work.

OP
T

tech94

Reaction score
works only occasionally for me..very weird. my wife sent a pic of my baby and it worked then my sister sent me another pic and it didnt work.. both are on verizon.. back to the drawing board for me

nuttz565

Reaction score
Here is the fix for MMS for handcent(have not tried on the native message app) When receiving a MMS first download it. Now when you see the play button appear long press on it.Now you will have various options here, select flat sideshow and you will be able to view the pic and any text that was sent with it without it doing a sideshow...Hopes this helps