How to get Korea Galaxy S3 LTE to work on Verizon LTE???

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by pwrdbykyank, Jul 23, 2012.

1. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Member

Hey guys, i got myself one of the Korea Galaxy S3 LTE and im trying to figure out if id be able to use it on verizon LTE and how? i tried adding APN settings but just shows a no service constantly and wont pick up signal. Any ideas as to who would know what to try ?
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

It's not possible.

Verizon uses the 700 MHz spectrum for LTE. In Korea, carriers use either the 800 MHz spectrum or the 1800 MHz spectrum for LTE. The hardware doesn't exist in the Korean S3 to be able to use it on Verizon's LTE network.
  3. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Member

yea i know, but i was thinking how usually motorola phones are able to be used as global as well, i would think maybe there would be a way to have the modem pick up 700mhz instead of the 800, like a way to reprogram it or something.
  4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

It's not a matter of reprogramming, which would be a software issue. It's a matter of hardware. The hardware is not there for it work on Verizon's LTE network. You can't get the Korean version to work on Verizon's LTE network.

Motorola (and other manufacturers) does make some global devices, but they are global for 3G GSM use, not LTE use. The LTE phones released on Verizon so far only support the LTE bands that Verizon uses, and currently, no one else in the world is using those same bands. So, these "global" devices are global for international 3G GSM networks, not LTE. They're completely separate things.
  5. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Member

ya i know what you mean. But even back in the day with the old nextels, people would always say no this is an iden only based hardware phone and yet people would use gsm on it. The european samsung galaxy s3 when i pop in a verizon LTE sim in it, it shows full bars but just says service restricted or unable to register on network ( but on that i had not done any APN settings and so forth). So how is it the european would pick up reception, but the korean one just shows no bars with it crossed out? thanks again for your input
  6. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

No, you're not going to find anyone in the states that will do that for you.

Googorola MAXX
  7. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Again, we're talking about differences in hardware. In those cases, the hardware was actually there for it. In this case, the hardware isn't actually there.

The European version of the S3 doesn't even support LTE, so I don't know what's going on there. I wouldn't think it would happen, but it could be trying to roam on a GSM signal since the phone can't recognize LTE.
Search tags for this page
apn for sk telekom,korea
can i use a korean samsung galaxy and use it on verizon
how to open bands from galaxy s3 verizon
how to remove korean version of samsung s3
kore s3 apn ayarlari
korean galaxy s3 to verizon

using verizon galaxy s3 in korea

verizon galaxy s3 korea

verizon galaxy s3 use in korea

verizon korean galaxy s3
will korean galaxy s 4 lte work anywhere else