How to get just root access?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by budmonster, May 16, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Verizon sent me a new Droid, which obviously has the new 2.1 update on it. I'm not familiar on how to root with 2.1. I just want to root it and have SU permissions & busybox, I don't want a ROM or THEME right now, just root and SU, keep it simple. Can someone explain how I can go about doing this. Tutorial? Video? anything would help...

Thanks guys.

-Bud
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

4. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I followed teddyearp tutorial, it seems to work so far. I flashed the recovery and installed busybox. Then used ROM Manger to install Superuser 2.0.3. I believe I can't get anymore stock than this, w/o giving up root LOL.

I was also wondering If can still use SetCPU & what kernels would work since I'm not on a ROM. Also, could I use JIT? I think I have a JIT update.zip, was just wondering if it would work?

Thanks again.

Bud
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Since you have installed ROM Manager, I would go ahead and check out some of bekit's kernels for OC. In ROM Manager go:

Download rom -> CyanogenMod -> bekit Kernels (0.8.3)

Of course, make sure you do it while on WiFi and DO select the nandroid backup option before each try. I know that none of my OC guides at my site work in your situation, they were written for 2.0.1.

And you will need setcpu as you know to actually make the settings, I am still using 1.5.0a as later versions seemed a tiny bit 'wonky'. You can find that version or your favorite easy enough.

good luck
Search tags for this page

android get root directory

how do i access the root directory on android

how to access the root directory on droid 3

root access droid x