How to get into program menu?

bodean

Reaction score
How do we get into program menu, and change codec to 13k? Using droid

I was told ##program. There is no program on keypad. I'm dumb, I know.

hawkeygirl

Reaction score
use the phone keypad as though you were dialing a number and spell out program p=7 r=7 o=6 etc... you also need password to enter... I think it's something simple like 12345 or 00000. there's a thread for that on a Droid Forum somewhere.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I could tell you how to do it, but I don't understand why you want to do. Tell me what you're up to and I'll tell you how to get in there. I don't know of any "codec 13" on the phone.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score

I could tell you how to do it, but I don't understand why you want to do. Tell me what you're up to and I'll tell you how to get in there. I don't know of any "codec 13" on the phone.

Heard changing the default codec on the phone, improves call/listener quality.

Quoted from what I've read
"Do yourselves all a favor and change your Vocode to 13k. It makes a HUGE difference in the call quality.
EVRC / EVRC-B are completely worthless (if you don't know the difference, go Google and find a wiki). For those of you too lazy to do that, think of it this way: 13k is like a CBR MP3, EVRC(-B) is like VBR.
Sure if we were on a network with a terrible infrastructure *cough*AT&T*cough* there may be no choice BUT to try and use as little bandwidth as possible. But we're not, so as I said before, go change the Vocode and enjoy having a phone with good call quality."

ncpirate467

Reaction score
never mind i got it. didn't scroll up duhhh. what are these other settings for?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there a catch to doing this?

ink

Reaction score

Heard changing the default codec on the phone, improves call/listener quality.

Quoted from what I've read
"Do yourselves all a favor and change your Vocode to 13k. It makes a HUGE difference in the call quality.
EVRC / EVRC-B are completely worthless (if you don't know the difference, go Google and find a wiki). For those of you too lazy to do that, think of it this way: 13k is like a CBR MP3, EVRC(-B) is like VBR.
Sure if we were on a network with a terrible infrastructure *cough*AT&T*cough* there may be no choice BUT to try and use as little bandwidth as possible. But we're not, so as I said before, go change the Vocode and enjoy having a phone with good call quality."

Are you sure you want to change it to 13k?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/7884-increasing-call-quality.html

The original post in that thread was taken from the Motorola forums.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just went out to my car and tested all three - evrc, evrc-b, and 13k. I tested by leaving myself a voicemail and then listening through google voice - tested both speakerphone and normal. Couldn't tell a lick of difference in any of them... and honestly, I came through more clearly and less muffled on speakerphone than using it normally - that's about the only deduction I could make (for my phone anyway).