How to get into bootloader

netro7

Reaction score
I'm not skilled enough to be considered a hacker, but I fully support the efforts of those that are. I believe in freedom to do whatever you want with the device you purchased. In support of that, here's a video that shows how to access the bootloader. It wasn't figured out by me, but I thought it may help other's in their efforts for root and custom roms on this device.

How to hack into the bootloader on the Motorola Droid X | Video « Wonder How To

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A bit misleading. He doesn't tell you how to hack it, just how to get to it, I kind of bet experienced hackers working on this have already figured that out.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea id say this part isnt the part thats gonna trouble the ones working on the X

OP
N

netro7

Reaction score
I didn't think it would be, but I wanted to do whatever I could to help.

mike919

Reaction score

b16a2smith on twitter already has an SBF file for the X out for testing.

he was looking for testers. obviously he's way past accessing the bootloader...

right now he's trying to find drivers for RSDlite for the X... how awesome would it be to have the bootloader cracked already.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

right now he's trying to find drivers for RSDlite for the X... how awesome would it be to have the bootloader cracked already.

haha id be all :icon_ banana: and motorola would be all :icon_evil:

mike919

Reaction score

haha id be all :icon_ banana: and motorola would be all :icon_evil:

I KNOW... although i think this is just to test the bootloader in general... i'm not sure what exactly this SBF entails... hopefully its promising.. follow him on twitter... him and mrweeeedbirdman are putting out constant updates.

sadly i don't get my X until monday :( :(

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you guys arent following the irc...there is an sbf, but it seems an issue may be with rsd lite not being updated enough.

We tried a test sbf on my phone and when the rsd lite went to flash, it would kill me phone. No power button, no chargem anything. I had to remove the batt for about a min to get it to come back up. Sooo thats the last thing I did. Dont know what else has happened.

Reaction score
I'm not skilled enough to be considered a hacker, but I fully support the efforts of those that are. I believe in freedom to do whatever you want with the device you purchased. In support of that, here's a video that shows how to access the bootloader. It wasn't figured out by me, but I thought it may help other's in their efforts for root and custom roms on this device.

How to hack into the bootloader on the Motorola Droid X | Video « Wonder How To

A bit misleading. He doesn't tell you how to hack it, just how to get to it, I kind of bet experienced hackers working on this have already figured that out.

I'm quite happy I was correct in this aspect.
An overclocked X with FroYo would be beyond wonderful.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

From what I'm told from my Moto contact there is a new updated version of RSD Lite that is needed for use with the X. The one we have been using (IE version 4.6) will not work with an X.