How to get Google Now (from 4.1 Jelly Bean) on the Droid 4 running stock, rooted ICS

r314bd

Reaction score
Here's how to get Google Now onto the Droid 4 running stock, rooted ICS.

1. Download the M7 version of Google Now (either Online or Online/Offline .zip) here and put it on your external SD card
  2. Install RazrICSBootstrap.apk
  3. Open the Bootstrap app, select "Bootstrap Recovery," and when it's done select "Reboot Recovery" (grant all superuser permissions)
  4. In the clockworkmod menu, select the option to install .zip from SD, then reboot when finished
That's it! (Thanks to koragus, cajunflavoredbob, and mikeyxda at xda-developers for the hack)

GlhtU.jpg

supershot666

Reaction score
Can this be put on top of CM9? Also could you install it using safestrap because i recall reading somewhere that you should not have bootstrap and safestrap installed.

Theron

Reaction score
How well does this work? Is voice currently supported? Can anyone give some feedback?

Theron

Reaction score
Well, that's good. I'm assuming that voice is functioning then? And also, will this work with Safestrap?

gossipninja

Reaction score
i have constant lockup issues and the "note to self" feature causes force closes.

I am about to go back to default voice actions until JB

Theron

Reaction score
i have constant lockup issues and the "note to self" feature causes force closes.

I am about to go back to default voice actions until JB

Now that on the other hand, doesn't sound very reassuring at all... :blink:

BriCo84

Reaction score
Has anyone else had an experience with this, good or bad? I am waiting for more feedback before proceeding myself

4low4fun

Reaction score
If you want Google now you should just download myfishbear's eclipse rom and install the Google now patch. Why risk messing up your unsafe stock rom?

BriCo84

Reaction score
It Works!!!

Hey guys, so I finally pulled the trigger on this yesterday. It worked like a charm. I was completely stock (SFB'd), rooted using the ICS utility 1.8, then followed the instructions on the first post.

Bootstrap installed without a hitch.

The only issue was the link in the first post is incorrect. It says to download the zip's from that link, but those are apk files which are used for doing the process manually, which we DON'T want to do. What you have to do is, follow that thread back to the fist post and there is a "show content" button (the second one) which will reveal the zips you need to flash. Choose your zip, flash it, and you're done. So far everything has worked beautifully. Good luck!