How to get Droid X back to factory fresh?

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
I did the reformat thing in the menu you get when you hold power and home, I then noticed that did nothing to my SD card as my pics where still there. So then i connected it to my computer and deleted all the SD card data. Is it now safe to sell my phone?

Leung

Reaction score
I would sbf the phone back to like new factory condition but not activate it. That way when you sell it to the next person it appears that it's like new out of a box.

OP
F

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Sbf?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Leung

Reaction score
it's a file that you install on the phone using another program. what it does is basically "makes" it new out of the box.

OP
F

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Do i get that from the market place?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Do i get that from the market place?

No... Follow this tutorial... http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

I highly recommend using the linux method if you're comfortable with linux commands, and even if you're not, just follow the tutorial and do some research! Google is your friend! ;)
If you have any questions ask me. I've done this several times to my phone...
I would def do that before selling!

skennelly

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you never rooted your phone. You would be fine just formatting your sd card (fat32) & doing a factory reset on the phone. You can either do that by selecting menu > settings > privacy > factory reset. Then don't reactivate.