How to get a Droid 2 with your Droid 1 warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmed99

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid 1 but would love to have a Droid 2. How can I get a Droid 2 using the Droid 1 warranty?

Thanks for the help! dancedroid

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If there is nothing wrong with your D1, you won;t get one from warranty.

OP
J

jmed99

Reaction score
lol...of course there is something wrong with it. Do I need the insurance to be covered under a warranty?

OP
J

jmed99

Reaction score
Do I need the insurance to be covered under a warranty?

Dragoro

Reaction score
lol...of course there is something wrong with it. Do I need the insurance to be covered under a warranty?

Dont need insurance to be covered by the warranty. But if you do a warranty claim and they cant find nothing wrong with the phone (or purposely done) you will be charged the full cost of the replacement.

And to all the people heckling him, like there aint 100 other people in this forum that tried and sucessfully did what he asked about.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
And to all the people heckling him, like there aint 100 other people in this forum that tried and sucessfully did what he asked about.

We pick on them also.....:D

dylanthecat

Reaction score

Dont need insurance to be covered by the warranty. But if you do a warranty claim and they cant find nothing wrong with the phone (or purposely done) you will be charged the full cost of the replacement.

Please post the links to the other threads so I don't miss any heckling opportunities.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
My droid 1 mysteriously started acting up and I lost all my contacts. I went in and waited until the Verizon tech (who obviously thought I was hot) said they had no more D1's available, then got it warrantied.... I'[d suggest being at LEAST as good looking as I am and get a woman rep.... unless there's a gay one available and you just better be a good actor....

lol

j/k - The 2.2 update fried something in the D1 and couldn't go to market, appbrain, and like I mentioned, the contacts. Even dialing out was tricky. I went down immediately (on a Thursday) and he checked it out, said it was screwed up and that a new one would be in in 1 week. It was in my hand Monday. It was a D2. I didn't even think I was going to get a D2, it was just a pleasant surprise.

So I would suggest, having a forced froyo 2.2 update screw up your phone, and then just get lucky.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Droid 1 but would love to have a Droid 2. How can I get a Droid 2 using the Droid 1 warranty?

Thanks for the help! dancedroid

I've got an idea. Why don't you call Verizon and explain that you're interested in obtaining a Droid 2. Tell them you're not happy with your present Droid (I figure you aren't or you wouldn't have inquired).

See what they offer you.

But if you're just trying to get something for nothing, and looking for advice on how to get it then you're not in the right forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.