[How-To] Force Motorola Droid 2.1 OTA Update (ESE81)

Reaction score
I think for us rooted people it won't work. I just tried and it kept say installation aborted as well as error for sd card.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the force update and it seemed to work but I still only have 3 homescreens, it looks like only the new apps somehow posted, can anyone help me with this?

zero7404

Reaction score
im tempted ... but who/what is the source of this file ?

pilot25

Reaction score
What is the root of the phone? The root folder in Astro after hitting the up key? / or /root?

Jceezy

Reaction score
What is the root of the phone? The root folder in Astro after hitting the up key? / or /root?

If the file is not in a folder on the sdcard. Basically if you open Astro and hit the Home key the file should be in that list, just cut it from download (assuming you dl'ed it from your phone) and hit home then paste it there and rename it to update and you're ready to rock with the rest of the process.

pilot25

Reaction score

If the file is not in a folder on the sdcard. Basically if you open Astro and hit the Home key the file should be in that list, just cut it from download (assuming you dl'ed it from your phone) and hit home then paste it there and rename it to update and you're ready to rock with the rest of the process.

Thanks....That's what I was thinking but wanted to check. Just being cautious.

zero7404

Reaction score
so u are saying this is an 'official' update file ? google is the source or did it come from vzw ?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I did the force update and it seemed to work but I still only have 3 homescreens, it looks like only the new apps somehow posted, can anyone help me with this?

You are fine. Droid 2.1 only comes with 3 home screens and no 3D app drawer. Look into Helix (up to 7 home screens) and/or Helix2 (up to 7 home screens with 3D app drawer) Launchers if you are interested.

Universal

Reaction score
Well, I forced the update and everything seemed to go fine. After the final reboot, I am getting the error message:

"The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Nothing works on my phone.

Any suggestions?

halteach

Reaction score
worked for me. thanks! how come only three screens?

Hope I haven't become a zombie phone. ;-)

hal

Last edited: