***HOW TO*** Flash Roms on the THUNDERBOLT

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Roms' started by sgtguthrie, Apr 13, 2011.

1. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was your battery above 70%? Did you make the backup from Rom manager? Or from recovery? If it was from Rom manager, try one from recovery. Also, try wiping your dalvik cache then restoring your backup. That may do it. If not, install a Rom so that you don't get yourself stuck in recovery too long, charge your phone, then we can go from there.

2. dhaymond

dhaymond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I did have a full battery, and yes I did do it from rom manager. Ill back up now through recovery, thanks I'll check back after I charge my phone again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. dhaymond

dhaymond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh...but how would I for back to stock if I believe I'm on das B Rom?

4. dhaymond

dhaymond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wiped like you advised and tried again, and it still stated md5 mismatch. I've rooted my Droid 1, X and fascinate, but never had this prob.

5. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried any other backups? I would try a different one first. If that doesn't work, you may need to re-install CWM Recovery. To do that load a rom, any rom. Open rom manager, go to Menu/settings/and check "erase recovery." Then hit the back button and select Menu/Clear download cache. Then flash clockwork recovery 3 times in a row, boot into recovery, make a backup, and try to restore your problem backup again. This was an early problem with cw on the thunderbolt but should be fixed now. I don't know if the radio update could mess you up either, if this doesn't work, I'd contact the rescue squad. At least you know you can still load a rom, lets hope you can still get your backup. If not though, this should fix you for future use. If you really need to have a stock rom and we can't get your backup to work, I think I can point you toward a stock rom.

Good luck, and I hope this helps...

#29 sgtguthrie, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. dhaymond

dhaymond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ill give it all a try. What about my kernel? If I just keep the Rom, could I just flash that back to stock. And could this be the prob. For the md5 mix up?

7. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, it sounds like a recovery issue. Recovery is telling you that backup is corrupted. The question is, is it? Or is recovery not reading it right? That's why I said to try a different backup then reinstall recovery if that doesn't work. Of course, that's just my recommendation.

8. dhaymond

dhaymond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I only had the one backup with the stock kernel, so I tried as you stated and downloaded another Rom and than did a back up of that one and than another and yes both of those worked but still the other did not. But that one that didn't was my only with both stock Rom and kernels. I'm not screws am I? And wont need it to go back to those and do any OTAs?

9. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's an app in the market called "android file verifier". Download that, use its file browser to go to sdcard/clockworkmod/backups and open your backup that isn't working. You will see a file inside that mentions md5 in It's name. Longpress that file then select verify nandroid backup (or something like it) and see what it says. It will check your backup to see if its corrupted or not.

As for ota's, you should always unroot before accepting one. Honestly though, once rooted there's no reason to accept an ota anyway, you can be running it when It's leaked long before it goes ota!

10. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you really need to get back to stock, you can always flash an ruu, so no...you're not screwed. So long as you can get into hboot, you're not screwed! At least you have a Rom and can change it, and know your new backups work. You definitely made the right call asking for help instead of trying to wing it. That's when the real accidents happen! Lol

11. dhaymond

dhaymond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate your time in this. ;-)

12. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ROM manager now wipes dalvik-cache. I'll update the op after I get a chance to try it.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
flash htc thunderbolt
flash rom on thunderbolt
how to flash a htc thunderbolt
how to flash a rom on htc thunderbolt
how to flash a thunderbolt
how to flash a thunderbolt phone
how to flash htc thunderbolt

how to flash thunderbolt

htc thunderbolt flash rom
thunderbolt install rom