[How-To] Flash an RUU (HTC Rezound)

matovello

Reaction score
thank you mrsmith that rezound when to rezound heaven. i try to power it up and now it won't power at all either with the battery or with the charger. the light on top won't even go on. for some reason half way thru the install it powered off and that was all. but I just got a recertified rezound. can i do the ice update without rooting also can you do teathering without rooting and unlucking thanks in advance. I got a new rezound so i want to see if i can put the best rom or whatever it takes to make it faster and better.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd sell it for an SGS3 haha. But if you intend on keeping it, I'd run it up to the 3.14.605.12 (OTA update) at the bare minimum and then unlock it and drop a vanilla'ish ROM on it. I'm not partial to Sense so I prefer stock Android. However if you are partial to Sense, the Sense 4 ROMs were all the rage and I hear have made a lot of improvements since I had my Rezound.

matovello

Reaction score
i really liked the sgs3 when it came out, but some of my friends that have it have been having problems with them that is the only reason why i'm keeping the rezound. to gee the OTA update, all i have to do is place it on my sdcard and reboot to bootloader and it would do its thing. is this correct? do you have any preference as far as the vanilla roms any in particular. I'm looking for the navigation and the tethering.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
The new rezound should already come loaded with that ota. At least the replacement I got last week was. I unlocked, flashed amonra recovery, flashed super su, restored apps and data with titanium. Debloated using titanium. I wish the latest update to titanium was out last week so I could have tried the new flashable zip feature. Can't recommend any roms because I've been very content with Debloated stock ics. If you root I can forward you an apk for tethering that works very well

matovello

Reaction score
yes after checking the phone the phone does come with the new OTA already. so now i need to unlock, flah amonra recovery and flash superuser, is this correct

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Yes, just follow Mr Smith tutorial and all should be well.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Do you have the android sdk setup yet on your pc? If not I have very good instructions for this prep process

matovello

Reaction score
hey bpowder. no i don't have the android sdk setup yet i want to do this tonight. thanks for all your help