How to fix Skype Force close?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by raydog153, Jun 30, 2010.

1. raydog153

raydog153 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using Skype mobile, and it use to work for me, I haven't it working that I recall since I have switched to android 2.2 bits and the latest radio. Not sure when it stopped. I keep getting force close on the process during sign in. What I am wondering, does anyone have this working? What radio and BB rom are you using? I have done a full clean/wipe of data and cache and reinstalled things. Please any help appreciated, thanks.

2. Monochrome

Monochrome New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use Fring.dancedroid

It's way faster, multi-protocol, and actually uses just your net connection for the skype to skype calls(skype mobile calls some number that you don't get charged for, but is strange nonetheless ./tinfoil hat :icon_eek:). You just install, create a Fring user account(it's free and just requires a username/pass) tap the skype icon, put in your skype username and pass and away you go!

The biggest reason to use it is Fring works with custom roms! Skype has some sort of check built in that makes it refuse to run on rooted phones :icon_evil:

3. raydog153

raydog153 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks, BTW, I beleive it is because the Sykpe app does not support 2.2 froyo yet, not because the don't support rooted phones, because I had it working on my rooted phone, but fails now that I am at 2.2, yet verizon doesn't yet support 2.2

4. droid100

droid100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish Skype was working again.

Fring is the ugliest application I've ever loaded on any platform. Unusable!

Search tags for this page
force close skype android
skype always force close android

skype android force close

skype for android force close

skype force close

skype force close android

skype force closes on android
skype keeps force closing
skype keeps force closing on android
skype keeps force closing on phone