How to fix my so called "rooted" phone.

Squizzel

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thanks in advance for your help.

Well I will give you my history with my phone first. I got it back in Nov, a Samsung galaxy s2. This was my first smartphone and even though I work as an engineer, my cell phone is not something I like to hack and mess with. I have never once rooted it or even thought about it really.

Fast forward to a day ago to when I turned my phone off and turned it back on. It would not reboot but instead it shows a galaxy s2 intro screen and then reboots. I tried to do data reset and then factory reset and nothing worked. So the next day I took it into the ATT store. The person there told me that my phone was trying to update and that "odin" was blocking it. I told her I never rooted it and that I only used regulatory applications that millions use. Even though I have the premium warranty, she told me that ATT is going to charge me to replace my phone even though I myself didn't root it and I didn't even initiate the update. I went ahead and filed for a new phone which is on the way, but in the meantime I need to either fix this phone or figure out how to destroy it without water damage or physical damage.
The last thing I tried was downloading kies and odin loader to reset my phone but I can't get the odin to see my phone through usb on my computer.

I am out of ideas and could use some help!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I get into odin loading screen it says that my binary is still Samsung official, is that a good thing?