How to Fix my Droid? Compilation of errors

gtelnet

Reaction score
So I have a compilation of three issues that I've found on the forums but after two days, of researching and troubleshooting, no luck so hoping someone out there has had a chance to fix this and can share their knowledge.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Ran Super One Click to root and worked
  • Flashed bootloader 30.04
  • Booted to "critical error 1337 510b"
  • RSD flashed to VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf (Happy_Holidays_From_TBH.zip) using RSD Lite 4.8
  • RSD flashed to SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf (SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY.zip)
  • Lost root so tried Super One Click - wouldn't work
  • Installed Koush Bootstrap recovery
  • Installed and successfully rooted with z4root
  • Tried installing to C_01.43.01P.zip from Peter Alfonso and fails with error in list below

So here are the three errors I'm getting now and haven't been able to find a fix to any of them. I'm thinking it's possible permission issues on my device. I ran the Fix Permissions options from ROM Manager but it didn't help.

• When I reboot into recovery mode, get error: "e: can't open /cache/recovery/command"
  • When try to install baseband update and says"Writing RDL/BP image... E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 0) Installation Aborted"
  • Tried flashing a few other SBF's and about 10 seconds into each, DX shows error "critical error 1337 510b" and flash never moves ahead

Here are some of the items I've tried and none of them have helped:

• Rename to update.zip
  • Install using built in recovery
  • Installed ROM Manager
  • Installed ClockWork
  • Battery pull
  • Wipe cache (several times)
  • Install package with DroidExplorer
  • This list could go on and on an on - I've been working on this for two days

EDIT: Realized I hadn't upgraded the kernel from TBH so I just installed it and it worked properly, but still doesn't fix above issue when trying to update my baseband.

The good news is that I took a backup using ClockWork and I've restored it a half dozen times over past few days (so that I could actually leave the house and use my phone) so my phone is working, I just can't do any more flashing :(

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

OP
G

gtelnet

Reaction score
??

Did I post this to the wrong section? It's been a few days and no replies. Anyone have any ideas on this? My cell service sux and I'd really like to upgrade the baseband.

E1337Hax

Reaction score
So I have a compilation of three issues that I've found on the forums but after two days, of researching and troubleshooting, no luck so hoping someone out there has had a chance to fix this and can share their knowledge.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Ran Super One Click to root and worked
  • Flashed bootloader 30.04
  • Booted to "critical error 1337 510b"
  • RSD flashed to VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf (Happy_Holidays_From_TBH.zip) using RSD Lite 4.8
  • RSD flashed to SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf (SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY.zip)
  • Lost root so tried Super One Click - wouldn't work
  • Installed Koush Bootstrap recovery
  • Installed and successfully rooted with z4root
  • Tried installing to C_01.43.01P.zip from Peter Alfonso and fails with error in list below

So here are the three errors I'm getting now and haven't been able to find a fix to any of them. I'm thinking it's possible permission issues on my device. I ran the Fix Permissions options from ROM Manager but it didn't help.

• When I reboot into recovery mode, get error: "e: can't open /cache/recovery/command"
  • When try to install baseband update and says"Writing RDL/BP image... E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 0) Installation Aborted"
  • Tried flashing a few other SBF's and about 10 seconds into each, DX shows error "critical error 1337 510b" and flash never moves ahead

Here are some of the items I've tried and none of them have helped:

• Rename to update.zip
  • Install using built in recovery
  • Installed ROM Manager
  • Installed ClockWork
  • Battery pull
  • Wipe cache (several times)
  • Install package with DroidExplorer
  • This list could go on and on an on - I've been working on this for two days

EDIT: Realized I hadn't upgraded the kernel from TBH so I just installed it and it worked properly, but still doesn't fix above issue when trying to update my baseband.

The good news is that I took a backup using ClockWork and I've restored it a half dozen times over past few days (so that I could actually leave the house and use my phone) so my phone is working, I just can't do any more flashing :(

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hello, what you may want to do is completely try to flash a new ROM. I saw you mentioned something about having errors in the recovery mode. If you are able to, try to install some files from SDCard from CW Mod (.zip).

Download These Files
1: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip
2: http://mirror1.kanged.net/stable/droid/update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip

Wipe the cache/format you device(recommended twice) and install both those files using CW. After that try to boot into CM6. If you get to CM6 try flashing the alternate recovery from Rom Manager.

***Make sure you do a nandroid backup before trying anything i just said.

Good Luck,

OP
G

gtelnet

Reaction score
Thanks 1337, I'd like to stick with the Blur rom for now and just want to update baseband, so following your recommendation using the stock ROM's, I did the following (for the 3rd or 4th time : )

Flashed DX with 2.320 sbf and 2.340 system only sbf - both flash properly
Install clockwork 2.5.0.7
Root with z4root
Donated to ClockworkMod for Rom Manager Premium
Donated to TBH for their market place app
Running 2.340 with g555 kernel
Still get this error when try to install baseband:
Writing RDL/BP image... E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 0) Installation Aborted

I've been working on this over a week now and still haven't made progress (but learned a lot and went through twice as much nicotine juice for my ecig!). Still at baseband BP_C_01.09.07P and have horrible reception at my house.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sounds to me like you have a Droid X and are trying to flash things only for the original droid. Don't do that ;)

OP
G

gtelnet

Reaction score
Thanks JRummy. I've seen screen shots of the latest baseband image C_01.43.01P running on the DX so I know it exists. Perhaps all of the ones I tried were for original droid? Anyone know where I can dl C_01.43.01P that is definitely for the X?

E1337Hax

Reaction score
Thanks JRummy. I've seen screen shots of the latest baseband image C_01.43.01P running on the DX so I know it exists. Perhaps all of the ones I tried were for original droid? Anyone know where I can dl C_01.43.01P that is definitely for the X?

Try clearing your cache/factory reset before you apply the update.zip. This might help with the one you already have :)

OP
G

gtelnet

Reaction score
thanks man. I've tried clearing data/cache; factory wipe; format system; format cache; just about every possible solution I've found online... except for the one that works.

OP
G

gtelnet

Reaction score
I've been told that C_01.43.01P is only for original Droid, not the X - which is why it wouldn't work.