How to fix double text message problem

nordy420

Reaction score
I flashed liberty v.06, and now I am getting double text messages. Is there a quick fix to this?

Damon

Reaction score
You mean that you get double notification. If so, launch the stock text app. Hit menu key, go to settings and disable the notifications.

OP
nordy420

nordy420

Reaction score
You mean that you get double notification. If so, launch the stock text app. Hit menu key, go to settings and disable the notifications.

Thanks for the reply, no no I get two sms with every program on the phone. Double texts, the notification indicator will even show that I have 2 messages. Like when I get a text, there is text messages and messages that came with lgb. 06. Both of those would notify in notifification, but both would indicate 2 messages were received. The messages were repeated of themselves.

saywhaa

Reaction score
i get 3, its annoying and hopefully a fix will happen soon

OP
nordy420

nordy420

Reaction score
i get 3, its annoying and hopefully a fix will happen soon

Sorry to hear that man, but the bright side, at least we are not alone. Lol

lol ya i guess, hopefully when they push out the new v6 (expected tonight) this will fix the issue

I hope so to, but we are the only buzzing in this thread and I am assuming the liberty team will fix with priorities. I hope all bugs are smashed though.

saywhaa

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man, but the bright side, at least we are not alone. Lol

lol ya i guess, hopefully when they push out the new v6 (expected tonight) this will fix the issue

I hope so to, but we are the only buzzing in this thread and I am assuming the liberty team will fix with priorities. I hope all bugs are smashed though.

I wanna say more then likely you have asop and blur messaging that's why you're getting double. I have those 2 as well plus handcent that's why I'm getting 3. I'm looking where I can find these and delete which may fix it. Ill keep you updated

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
nordy420

nordy420

Reaction score

I wanna say more then likely you have asop and blur messaging that's why you're getting double. I have those 2 as well plus handcent that's why I'm getting 3. I'm looking where I can find these and delete which may fix it. Ill keep you updated

I understand the different notifications, but I am receiving 2 of every text I get. Example: I send you a text with text "hi" one time. Within the text thread you would have received two separate messages with my "hi". I know how to turn of the notifications for the different programs.

Isaiah

Reaction score
handcent is more than likely the issue if you guys are all running that. give gosms pro (free) a try. thats something that just happens with handcent.

goSMS is much more customization and more stable imo, and I loved handcent for about a year, but kept getting multiple messages...

saywhaa

Reaction score

I understand the different notifications, but I am receiving 2 of every text I get. Example: I send you a text with text "hi" one time. Within the text thread you would have received two separate messages with my "hi". I know how to turn of the notifications for the different programs.

Delete----

dont do this.

Isaiah

Reaction score

ya i know that as well which i wasnt referring to. i used titanium backup to uninstall the "text messaging/ASOP" and "Messaging/BLUR" from the phone and now i only recieve 1 reply text message back so that seemed to be the issue. go into Titanium backup and uninstall one of those and it should fix your problem. unless if you use a different messaging system (you should try out handcent, its pretty damn sweet with a quick reply box that pops up over the locked screen) then delete both of them.

hope this helps!

no, don't do this. unless handcent got entirely re coded it piggy backs off of the official messaging app. this might screw things up for ya.

Edit: You lose the ability to use MMS if you delete the stock messenger and just use handcent.

saywhaa

Reaction score

ya i know that as well which i wasnt referring to. i used titanium backup to uninstall the "text messaging/ASOP" and "Messaging/BLUR" from the phone and now i only recieve 1 reply text message back so that seemed to be the issue. go into Titanium backup and uninstall one of those and it should fix your problem. unless if you use a different messaging system (you should try out handcent, its pretty damn sweet with a quick reply box that pops up over the locked screen) then delete both of them.

hope this helps!

no, don't do this. unless handcent got entirely re coded it piggy backs off of the official messaging app. this might screw things up for ya.

Edit: You lose the ability to use MMS if you delete the stock messenger and just use handcent.

well it let me send MMS just couldnt recieve them. i use the liberty customizer to reinstall the ASOP messaging and im going to try and use goSMS.

after i reinstalled the ASOP messaging it started double texting again.

OP
nordy420

nordy420

Reaction score

hope this helps!

well it let me send MMS just couldnt recieve them. i use the liberty customizer to reinstall the ASOP messaging and im going to try and use goSMS.

Have you tried installing the blur messenger and no aosp?

OP
nordy420

nordy420

Reaction score

hope this helps!

I redid customizer and installed blur this time and first text received was not a double, why don't you try this and see is something is wrong with the aosp messenger.