how to find voicemail password

dtod7

Reaction score
I have the droid as a work phone, and when I got a voicemail, I dial *86, then it asks me for my security code. I was never given a code, so I have no clue what it is. Is there a standard number that it's set at until you reset it? Is there a place on your phone to reset the security code?

Zeyr

Reaction score
Since only I seem to hunt for the hard answers

If I forget my Voice Mail password, how can I get it reset? There are 3 ways you can reset your Voice Mail password: 1. If you are already registered for My Verizon, Sign In and select My Phone. Then select Reset Voice Mail Password to reset your password. 2. If you are a Verizon Wireless customer and have not previously registered in My Verizon, please Register. After you have completed the requested information you will be able to perform your Voice Mail password reset online. 3. From your wireless handset: press *611, then SEND (airtime free) or call (800) 922-0204 (toll free) from any phone to reach the easy-to-use automated customer service menu. Select option 2 to reset your Voice Mail password, and then press 1 when prompted for the password reset menu. You will be asked to enter your 5-digit billing zip code. Follow the prompts for security verification and resetting the password. Prepay customers Voice Mail reset: From your wireless handset: press *611, then SEND (airtime free) to reach one of our service centers, or call (866) 837-3387 from any phone to reach Prepay Customer Service.

ldimick

Reaction score
I have the droid as a work phone, and when I got a voicemail, I dial *86, then it asks me for my security code. I was never given a code, so I have no clue what it is. Is there a standard number that it's set at until you reset it? Is there a place on your phone to reset the security code?

I believe the normal default code is your phone number, including area code. They used to use just the last 4 digits of the number.

Since it is a work phone Verizon may not help you. They may require the request to come from your inhouse phone manager/IT Department. Whoever is authorized on the account.

T-Rex

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
Since only I seem to hunt for the hard answers

If I forget my Voice Mail password, how can I get it reset? There are 3 ways you can reset your Voice Mail password: 1. If you are already registered for My Verizon, Sign In and select My Phone. Then select Reset Voice Mail Password to reset your password. 2. If you are a Verizon Wireless customer and have not previously registered in My Verizon, please Register. After you have completed the requested information you will be able to perform your Voice Mail password reset online. 3. From your wireless handset: press *611, then SEND (airtime free) or call (800) 922-0204 (toll free) from any phone to reach the easy-to-use automated customer service menu. Select option 2 to reset your Voice Mail password, and then press 1 when prompted for the password reset menu. You will be asked to enter your 5-digit billing zip code. Follow the prompts for security verification and resetting the password. Prepay customers Voice Mail reset: From your wireless handset: press *611, then SEND (airtime free) to reach one of our service centers, or call (866) 837-3387 from any phone to reach Prepay Customer Service.
Thanks Zeyr, on the first try I was able to reset lock password to voicemail.

T-Rex

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
I have the droid turbo, trying to delete downloads that are in my storage that are no longer need. any sugestions

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have the droid turbo, trying to delete downloads that are in my storage that are no longer need. any sugestions
You're not able to delete them? What happens when you try? Screen shots may help us diagnose.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk