How to factory reset?

Al Neri

Reaction score
Ever since the last update my D1 has been running a lot slower than it was. I have taken off a lot of apps I wasn't using but it is still very slow. When I look at anything on the browser then click the home button all of my widgets are gone and it takes 30 seconds to a minute for them to reappear.

Will a factory reset fix this and if so how do you do it? I am not very gadget savvy (that is why I have never rooted).

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
I found how to factory reset now I just want to know if it will help.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will provide you with a clean slate to start from. Just pay attention when you're loading apps to see if any cause a noticeable drop in performance. It may not just be loading the app but specific usage of a given app.

anewton

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
By "clean slate", do you mean that if I inadvertently loaded an app that had a virus, it will clean up the virus as well as all of the apps and data that isn't on the SD card?

Yes, about a month after I got my phone, I did load an app from the app market that later showed up on the "virus-infected" list. :-(

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
By "clean slate", do you mean that if I inadvertently loaded an app that had a virus, it will clean up the virus as well as all of the apps and data that isn't on the SD card?

Yes, about a month after I got my phone, I did load an app from the app market that later showed up on the "virus-infected" list. :-(

May I ask what app that was?

Viruses among android devices is quite uncommon, and it's around this forum where you'll first hear about it.:)