How to: Fab's Apex window animations for stock rom

cloudn9ne

Reaction score
I saw the video for the port of Fabolous's Apex rom and wanted the window animations "flip and fly in" without having to actually flash the rom. I did some research and found out how to do this to the stock rom and thought I would fill you all in.

The link to the video which shows the animations:

[video=youtube;Rv4fhgWQQb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4fhgWQQb0"]YouTube - ApeX 1.2 ROM For Droid X Overview and Features[/video]

First you must be rooted and have terminal emulator, and a file manager on your phone. I also had to download 7zip for my computer.

Download flip and fly in by Fabolous

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

1. Download the anim folder above and copy the framework-res.apk from the rom you're interested in modifying (/system/framework/framework-res.apk) to the root of your sd card. "I used astro file manager and copy and pasted it to the root of the SD "

2. Open up the framework-res.apk in 7zip (right click on it, and select "open archive"). "I opened it up in 7zip straight from the root of my SD while my sdcard was mounted"

3. Drag the anim folder with the animations (which you can download below) into /res folder in your framework-res.apk. This will replace the files currently in /res/anim.

4. Exit out of 7zip.

5. You now need to push the modified framework-res.apk onto the phone. You can do this by placing the modified framework-res.apk in the root sdcard folder (if it is not already there), and entering the following into terminal emulator on your phone or using ADB when the sdcard is mounted "note that there are spaces in the comand lines":

*If you're using terminal emulator, your phone will probably reboot before you finish re-mounting and/or typing reboot. After reboot finish entering in the rest of the commands.*

su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

*If you're using terminal emulator, your phone will probably reboot before you finish re-mounting and/or typing reboot. After reboot finish entering in the rest of the commands.*

Almost all of the information and files have been taken from a post by johnclevenger from xda. His post also referenced MagnusRagnarok (initial post) and ronhova (detailed instructions) on XDA. Thanks to Fabolous for coming up with the animation mix and those above who came up with the detailed instructions!!!

More animation can be found at Johnclevenger's original post:

[How To] + [MOD] Custom Transition Animations (UPDATED) - xda-developers

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i added this to Fission 2.2.2 and it works awesome. Make sure you do it after you flash any themes or you lose the animations. I was when i flashed the blackout theme. Great find man, Ill be using this onall my roms from here on out :)

OP
C

cloudn9ne

Reaction score
Yeah it will work on any rom you are using. All you have to do get the framework-res.apk from (/system/framework/framework-res.apk) from the rom you are using.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah it will work on any rom you are using. All you have to do get the framework-res.apk from (/system/framework/framework-res.apk) from the rom you are using.

I just added it right into the rom. Worked great and no terminal :) you can even just add into a theme so its there when you flash the theme.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used 7zip and opened up a theme and replaced the animation folder with the new animations. I then installed the theme with the new animations, and now only got bootloops. Does anyone have any ideas???

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used 7zip and opened up a theme and replaced the animation folder with the new animations. I then installed the theme with the new animations, and now only got bootloops. Does anyone have any ideas???

Make sure the folder you puttin in the framework.res apk is named anim and make sure your putting it in the res folder

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App