How to enable POP3 forwarding for a free yahoo Account so it works on your droid

phantrik

Reaction score
Works for me...

Thank you! I was using the IMAP setup all through November, it was a little buggy at best but it worked until last week. Then I tried this method today on my yahoo account that I had created back in 2001 and it worked. I did have problems initially when manually configuring in DROID but I waited about 5 minutes and it worked. Not sure if I was fat fingering it or what :D

briankeith513

Reaction score
It works for me now! At first, I didn't see the options for pop3 and forwarding, then a I checked it about a week later, and now the options are there.

Or you can click this link to take you directly to the pop3/forwarding options:
http://popfwd.mail.yahoo.com/pf/PopFwd?.done=http://in.f951.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Options&rand=1255761663 . If it does not work, then replace the part after the “done=” with the server address from the url you see when you go to the Options screen from your own Yahoo Mail account

MickeyG

Reaction score
Some users have mentioned that sbcglobal.net accounts work with imap. (My lovely wife is among them.) As far as I can tell, the sbcglobal accounts, though served by yahoo, have all the bells and whistles of a yahoo plus account. So it stands to reason they would have more features and capabilities than free yahoo accounts -- including imap access.

For what it's worth...

tktouch12

Reaction score
after i type in the incoming server settings, i get a message:
SETUP COULD NOT FINISH
--------------------------
username or password incorrect

i know they are right. i triple checked them. is there any other reason this could be happening?

jboucheb

Reaction score
Sometimes I randomly get email from my Bulk/Junk folder delivered to my Yahoo inbox on my Droid. How do I stop this annoying thing from happening?? I searched and couldn't find anything on it. Thanks.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I randomly get email from my Bulk/Junk folder delivered to my Yahoo inbox on my Droid. How do I stop this annoying thing from happening?? I searched and couldn't find anything on it. Thanks.
it yahoo has really marked it as junk, it should not be possible for any POP3 service to pick up the message.

i'm not sure if there is a delay in how yahoo handles junk messages, but there could be a very small chance that google syncs POP3 with Yahoo at the same time Yahoo is trying to filter junk... but highly unlikely.

anyway, you can re-junk it in google. in the gmail app, just select report spam. the same can be done on gmail.com

jboucheb

Reaction score
it yahoo has really marked it as junk, it should not be possible for any POP3 service to pick up the message.

i'm not sure if there is a delay in how yahoo handles junk messages, but there could be a very small chance that google syncs POP3 with Yahoo at the same time Yahoo is trying to filter junk... but highly unlikely.

anyway, you can re-junk it in google. in the gmail app, just select report spam. the same can be done on gmail.com

thanks for the reply. I didn't think about it, but I think you're right about the timing thing. The SPAM messages are not actually in my online Inbox, so this leads me to believe the situation you described above must be happening. The good news is that only a very few (no more than 10 the most) from the hundreds of spam emails I get come thru and I can delete them manually. Something I'm willing to live with for now until we get a dedicated YAHOO and HOTMAIL app :)

On a side note, I can't wait already for Flash to be enabled on our phones. It's gonna take the whole droid experience to a whole new level! just stay close to a wall charger i guess :)

scandroid

Reaction score
Also, you can get imap to work. Follow the link...

[video=youtube;Qq0WrfZmG1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0WrfZmG1I[/video]

daddycat31

Reaction score
This worked for me...quick and easy!

After looking it looks to be the same as the video clip above...

To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:

1. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
2. Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
2a. Press menu then add account
3. Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
4. Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
4a. Press IMAP
5. For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
6. For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
7. Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
8. Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
9. Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages

Now you get free Yahoo mail on your Droid

Last edited:

taz1458

Reaction score
The POP3 and switching to Asia no longer works folks.