[How To] Enable 3G only mode

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
With the new toggle for getting the phone into 3G only, is anyone experiencing their 3G signal dropping completely? Or, when CDMA Only it gives you 1x, but CDMA auto (PRL) gives you 3G? Because of these experiences, I am just leaving my phone on LTE/CDMA

rdgxray

Reaction score
I experience similar things with 4g/3g toggle. I have not noticed 3g dropping. I just leave mine in 3g auto prl and works great. Hopefully soon we will have 4g here and I can switch to lte/cdma mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Trash Can

Reaction score
With the new toggle for getting the phone into 3G only, is anyone experiencing their 3G signal dropping completely? Or, when CDMA Only it gives you 1x, but CDMA auto (PRL) gives you 3G? Because of these experiences, I am just leaving my phone on LTE/CDMA

One thing that I've noticed with my very limited experience with ICS is that the phone defaults back to LTE/CDMA whenever the phone is rebooted.

Okay, back to my FDR hoping to resolve my battery issues..... :frown:

Krenzy

Reaction score
What's the difference between all the options in the toggle? Cdma only vs. Cdma auto vs. all the others.

djembeman

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed with my very limited experience with ICS is that the phone defaults back to LTE/CDMA whenever the phone is rebooted.

Okay, back to my FDR hoping to resolve my battery issues..... :frown:

If you use the app linked above, it should stay in CDMA(3G) mode after a reboot. I just tested it and mine stayed in 3G.

Darson

Reaction score
Mine resets back to 4g after a few minutes when using LTE OnOff.

Last edited:

djembeman

Reaction score
Huh?

Mine resets back to 3g after a few minutes when using LTE OnOff.

I'm sorry, but isn't that what you are trying to achieve? Locking your phone into 3G? To go back to 4G I just use the normal system settings.

Darson

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but isn't that what you are trying to achieve? Locking your phone into 3G? To go back to 4G I just use the normal system settings.

You are indeed correct. I meant it resets back to 4g :icon_rolleyes:

sakana

Reaction score
I tried this tip, but found out later that i was not receiving texts, phone calls seemed fine but texts were not getting through. Went back to LTE