How to Edit the Voice Mail Number ????

sdb010

Reaction score
Anyone know how to edit the Verizon pre installed voice mail number so that you can add a pause and your passcode?

Verizon sets the speed dial # 1 as your voice mail. It can be edited there.

But there's a Voicemail app on the phone as well and when touched, it dials your voicemailbox....but does not auto enter a passcode.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I believe this is how:

1. Dial - ##program (##7764726)
2. Enter 6 zeros (000000) - hit verify
3. Number 8 (SMS/mms settings)
4. Click voicemail number
5. Edit to - *86,,insert password here#
6. For instance if password was 0000
It would be *86,,0000#
(Commas are found by hitting symbols key next to zero. . It will say pause, insert 2 of them.
7. After exiting hold down 1 key to dial voicemail without password

davidmi58

Reaction score
Or, even easier, just go to settings, call settings, voicemail settings, and add your commas and pin there....works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Note that, with the GNex, call settings are found by going into the phone app. I cannot find it under regular settings.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Or, even easier, just go to settings, call settings, voicemail settings, and add your commas and pin there....works like a charm.

Awesome. Just did it. Works great. Cool little feature.

frankyvee

Reaction score
Awesome. Just did it. Works great. Cool little feature.

If you install google voice you won't have to fool with none of this.. It's what I use works waaay better than Verizon's voice mail feature.

tempsaint

Reaction score
I just switched from a Samsung Stratosphere to a Droid 4. On the Stratosphere I was able to go into the voice mail settings and enter in my passcode. This worked fine whether doing speed dial 1 (voice mail) or by clicking the Voicemail icon (bloatware Visual Voicemail?) and choosing Call Voice mail. On the Droid 4, I can make the same edits but the passcode only works when I hit speed dial. If I click Call Voice mail on the app, it automatically dials *86 and doesn't pick up any extra tones. I even tried using Wait instead of Pause and went as far as to change my default voice mail number to my actual phone number. Still only works through speed dial. FWIW, I tried the programming method above and it confirms my passcode is stored w/ the voice mail number.

Very frustrating! Any suggestions?