How to edit a long line (ie URL)?

QQP

Reaction score
When editing a long line (ie URL address), can't seem to scroll Left or Right easily, any tips?

I'm use to an iOS device where I would just keep my finger on that line and slide left/right and it'll continue to move the cursor; and unlike the D1, there's no directional button).

Rivm

Reaction score
You can still do it. The first time you tap on text, it'll show a red dot with 2 additional concentric circles around it. After that, tapping and holding in the same spot should make a magnifying glass appear to which you can then carefully maneuver within the text.

OP
Q

QQP

Reaction score
You can still do it. The first time you tap on text, it'll show a red dot with 2 additional concentric circles around it. After that, tapping and holding in the same spot should make a magnifying glass appear to which you can then carefully maneuver within the text.

Thanks for replying Rivm, I know about the red dot.

However, when I use it to maneuver it to the far left/right, it doesnt 'freely' move once I'm at the edge of the screen and still need to move the cursor on a long line (ie URL). Once I get to the edge of the screen, the cursor stops moving. I have to reposition my finger, slide, reposition, slide, repeat. It's not a continuous movement.

A semi-workaround is to go from portrait mode into landscape and with more screen realestate (and larger address window appearing) I'm able to get to the beginning of the URL. I think it's a bug, maybe not with the browser (this happens on Browser, Opera, Dolphin).