How-To: Droid in Notification Drop Down Bar

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Sorry guys, forgot to add to enable USB Debugging.

And yes, if you apply the NexTheme it will remove it, but you can just add it back on there after.

chazall1

Reaction score
Will my phone Upgrade to 2.2 with this changed ?

I made the change and like it. This just reconfigured the apk. Do I need to revert back to stock before upgrading? I would like to apply the leaked 2.2 and would like an answer.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
I made the change and like it. This just reconfigured the apk. Do I need to revert back to stock before upgrading? I would like to apply the leaked 2.2 and would like an answer.

Yes, you have to go back to stock to upgrade to Froyo. Easiest way is to flash SBF.

joeyboots13

Reaction score
Dude that worked pretty slick. can use any png for the background as long as it is the right size? And what size is the png? And you don't happen to have a png for the top status bar that matches the black by any chance?

~sent from my droidX using brain control~

silentkil

Reaction score
this isn't working for me for some reason.. when i look through the file.. the image has been changed but the drop down is still the same.. idk.. maybe its cuz im runnin adw launcher? i have 2.1u1

turdbogls

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back up from the dead, but can this be done while on froyo. currently running rubix 1.9 and want to get this guy in there in place of the rubix cube thing in there now.

donballz

Reaction score
nice bump turd, this is sweet. I just put it over froyo, the 320 leak to be exact. Glad it worked, I didn't even realize this was an old thread. dancedroid

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
nice bump turd, this is sweet. I just put it over froyo, the 340 leak to be exact. Glad it worked, I didn't even realize this was an old thread. dancedroid
haha...well i guess it is time for me to try this. i am on 2.2.15 so i would assume this will still work. :)
UPDATE: this method worked for me on rubix 1.9. i would like to replace the bluetooth connected icon in the dock bar with a different one, i looked in the drawable hdpi file and didn't see it in there...where would it be?

Last edited: