How to download SiriusStreamer?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by kms1325, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kms1325

kms1325 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How does one go about getting this on your phone?

I read their website, but i'm a techical newb.

Thanks!

2. kms1325

kms1325 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^................

3. Sleeve

Sleeve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It appears to require Windows XP or above. No mention of Android.

4. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The siriusstreamer is the server app for the sound streams (channels) and has to be installed on a PC, not the phone. You also need to have an account with sirius (obviously). And in addition to that account, you need to have internet streaming enabled (extra $2.00 a month). If you don't have internet streaming, call sirius to add it.

The other server app for the actual links to the music can be either tversity or Orb (I believe there are others). I used orb and it worked great. What it does is link to the above channels (handled by sirius streamer) and presents those links on a web interface that you can view in the browser on your phone. When you click the link, Orb passes the sound streams to a player on the phone (the music app on the Droid can be used). Orb is free but you need to sign up for an account. It also has to be installed on the same PC as siriusstreamer. From your phone you only need to log into the Orb website to see the links.

Check out the links in this thread for info on downloading and setting up these two programs:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/9757-sirius-streaming-2.html

#4 darreno1, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.