how to downgrade to stock froyo without computer or root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bryan_flipin, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bryan_flipin

bryan_flipin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Ive been trying to get root back only phone since gingerbread upgrade, which in still operating on my Droid x. I need to know how to either downgrade to stock froyo without pc or root, or just be able to root gingerbread. Ive tried gingerbreak, seems to want to work, but i let it root for like 20 mins, still nothing. See, my X use to be rooted (z4) but i guess once i upgraded to gingerbread, root capabilities went out the door. Cause I still have superuser installed, but no superuser access. I've tried unrooting with z4, but won't unroot. Also, ive tried updating superuser, "gaining superuser access: failed" . I also tried maderstcok. Zip but I can't use rom manager boot recovery cause no root. Please, any advise will help. I've pretty much decided in gonna have to buy a laptop and just reroot. All I really wanted to so is change my boot animation, but root explorer won't let me tap r/w button to get into system file. And I don't have a data/local file, i tried absolute systems, but won't let me install new animation. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thnx for your time, i always turn to the pros when in need advise.

Search tags for this page
downgrade android no computer
downgrade android without computer
downgrade android without pc
downgrade from gingerbread to froyo

downgrade gingerbread to froyo

downgrade to froyo without pc
gingerbread to froyo downgrade without computer

how to downgrade android without computer

how to downgrade gingerbread to froyo
how to downgrade to froyo from gingerbread