How to downgrade gallery. THe 2.1/2.2 gallery sucks

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by trumpet444, Jun 28, 2010.

1. trumpet444

trumpet444 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Searched the forums, googled the internet, even tried XDA. Didn't find much, and I wasn't sure where to post this thread but I'm using a 2.2 from source rom and I'm just tired of the 2.1/2.2 gallery. It just sucks. Never refreshes correctly, even after rebooting. And I just don't care for the "3d" look either. I was wondering if there was any way I could downgrade my gallery to the 2.0.1 version. I actually liked it. Simple, clean, and did the job right. I just want the old gallery back, no matter how complicated it might be to do. (it would also be nice if there were any good gallery replacement apps on the market as well) -thanks for any help/ideas anyone may have

2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well since you're rooted i would assume you could just delete the gallery app from /system
    and find a 2.0.1 rom with the old gallery apk and push it into /system. then sync, reboot and it should be good. unless i'm missing something here

3. trumpet444

trumpet444 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That should've been the obvious thing to do! Don't know why I didnt think of that. Off to download a 201 rom. Thanks for the idea

4. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yah didnt they downgrade from the 24bit color that the 2.0.1 gallery had? i was hearing back when 2.1 was being talked about, then after it was released people were so mad cuz its no longer 24bit color and that the next update (2.2) was supposed to fix the issue and get us all back to 24bit color. looks like that didnt happen! lol

i can live with the gallery as it is now, its way less clunky feeling than the old one.

Search tags for this page
android galerie downgrade

downgrade droid bionic gallery

how to downgrade picture gallery on a droid