1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to do small modification to widget?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by drpaul07, Oct 23, 2010.

1. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

I am trying to figure out how to change the text color on my tapatalk widget. I'm sure most people know that the forum name is almost the same color as the background of the widget and so it is hard to see. So I'd like the change the text '@droidforums' to black. I really have no experience with modifying apks, but I used ninjamorph to extract the apk. And i searched through the /res folder and the folders within that. I thought i would just have to change a .png file but it seems thats not it lol. Do i have the change a .xml file? Could someone maybe just point me in the right direction to do this? I figured i'd try something small like just changing text color of a widget, then maybe later i can learn how to change backgrounds, etc to match the rest of the theme that i use.

I found this too..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/60503-themers-toolbox-tools-resources-making-themes.html

..haven't read it all yet but not sure it all that is necessary for the small change i'd like to make. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

It is going to be a change within an .xml unfortunately I am not sure which one it is - I also noticed this on the tapatalk widget besides that it was an odd size - I stopped using it, you might also check out the exclusive Droid Forums Application
Search tags for this page

how to make the droid widget apps small

make a widget on samsung s4 smaller

smaller droid command widget