How to disable PIN number

bigmac007

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable the PIN security on my Droid X? When I go into CHANGE SCREEN LOCK, "None" is "Disabled by remote phone administrator". When I go to DEVICE ADMINISTRATORS it lists Corporate Sync and doesn't do anything when I select it. I'm pretty sure that's the culprit because it made me enter a PIN when I set up my corporate email account. Is there a way to get around this?

Chris

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
AFAIK a Factory Reset and don't add the exchange account back.

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Yeah, I know that works. How do I get reconnected to my corporate email without running into the same problem again?

baaldemon

Reaction score
Essentially your corporate email policy says to receive email your device must have this option enabled. So you essentially have a choice to either remove your corporate email account and not have a pin, or use your corporate email and have a pin.

Before syncing to a corporate email system you should know the IT Security policies that are in place, and the policies that the server requires of mobile devices. Without a pin anyone who got your phone when then be able to read your corporate email, which for any company that is worried about security should do at a bare minimum.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is this a personal device?

If so, Don't sync work email if you don't like the IT rules.
If it's a work device...well learn to live with it.

Leftyswinger

Reaction score
Essentially your corporate email policy says to receive email your device must have this option enabled. So you essentially have a choice to either remove your corporate email account and not have a pin, or use your corporate email and have a pin.

Before syncing to a corporate email system you should know the IT Security policies that are in place, and the policies that the server requires of mobile devices. Without a pin anyone who got your phone when then be able to read your corporate email, which for any company that is worried about security should do at a bare minimum.

Well this sucks. Really sucks frankly. I hate entering this damn pin!!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that works. How do I get reconnected to my corporate email without running into the same problem again?
You don't. Either you have access to your corporate Exchange account or you don't have a PIN. Pick your poison.

However, an alternate Exchange client may only apply security policies to the app instead of the entire device, IIRC. I'd suggest verifying that though as it's just hearsay. I have no first hand experience with it.

finik21

Reaction score
There is a solution for your problem

There is something that might work for you:
Email+ is a fully featured E-Mail application based on Gingerbread 2.3.7. While being almost identical to the standard Android Email application, and while maintaining the exact same look and feel you are already used to, it allows you to use your Exchange or ActiveSync accounts (mail, calendar, contacts) without forcing you to enable the annoying pin code or password.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.finik.email