How To Disable Force Encryption On Your Nexus 9

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of the biggest pet peeves of a Nexus owner is the inability to make their own choice when it comes to their phone. This is exactly the case with Encryption on the new Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 with Lollipop. Encryption is enabled by default with no option to disable it. This has been reported to slow down the Nexus 9 and Nexus 6 considerably. With a bit of know how you can actually disable this "feature". Our very own "rhcp011235" has put together a full in depth guide on how to disable force Encryption on the Nexus 9. You will need root and a root file explorer to modify the boot.img. Head to the link below for the full guide.

[GUIDE] How To Disable Force Encrypt To Speed Up Your Nexus 9

rhcp011235

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.temperedarmor.com
There seems to be no problems doing this for the nexus 9, but I have posted on the nexus6 thread, that it seems the kernel has something to do with SIM OTA activations and some other stuff PER carrier. Personally, I have only tested with sprint and I noticed it broke their SPRINT DM service which is activation. Even with stock, I still can't get them to get it activated, They are saying something about activation server being down for 5 days, I can't understand this because this means no one can get a sprint phone? and anyone who swaps devices is screwed? just seems weird. I don't think they know HOW to activate a nexus 6.

Also, does anyone here know how to unpack and repack a stock boot.img for nexus6/nexus9 without having to use AOSP, if so can you post steps? I have tried numerous times and it results in no boot.