How to disable both Car Dock & Multimedia Dock from starting when using mag cases

Timetripper

Reaction score
Hi, First post here on the DROID forums due to the fact I just aquired a DROID2 Global.

Since all the cases I had onhand used magnets to close the cover I found on the first day that having your screen run 24/7 really impacts your battery life :icon_eek:

So in the quest to find out what was up with that I found that there is a magnetic sensor that activates both the car dock & multimedia dock

How to disable? Since at this point I dont see using either one.

I looked at a few different apps but one is no longer around and the other has so so reviews.

Then I had a eureka moment after installing Titanium Backup Pro/Licensed version.

TB lets you freeze apps so they are invisible to the system, so I froze the following Moto apps:

1. Motorola Dock Service 1.0

2.CarDock 1.0

So far so good so I thought I would post my findings for others who might be looking to find a work around to use cases with magnetic closures

OT: The DROID2 works fine up here in Canada running on Fido using HSDPA

tvd2g

Reaction score
I had same issue with cheap cases sold on street tables in Manhattan. That's how the phone knows its in a car dock and not a charger. You need to find the right case. Took some searching but I found one that didn't do it. Another 5 dollar Manhattan street case. Its all about the location and intensity of the magnets.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums