How to disable bloat

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by William_04_x, Jun 23, 2012.

1. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

There are two apps which can't be frozen ... Google Play Books and Google Play Movies. I freeze them in Titanium Backup, but if I reboot the phone they defrost themselves. I disabled them through the manage apps in the phone with ICS. And interestingly enough, I read on another forum that if you try to watch a Google Movie on a rooted phone, you will get a message saying "This movie cannot be viewed because your device appears to be rooted" :icon_eek: Big Brother is watching. Damn the torpedoes ... full tether ahead! :p
  2. djembeman

djembeman New Member

On Stock ICS I couldn't get Backup Assistant or Backup Assistant Plus to disable. Why do they think you need backup assistant when you have a Google account?

As for the original instructions, I don't know why you wouldn't just hit menu, manage apps, all apps and then click on the apps you want to disable from there.
  3. amy335

amy335 New Member

What is freezing an app?
  4. gan777

gan777 New Member

I noticed the same thing... when I disable the apps they are only disabled until I reboot the phone, then they pop up again... very irritating!
  5. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

I'm so glad I came across this thread! Thanks OP. I needed to find a way to somehow get rid of or in this case disable these bloatware apps that I dont use. After disabling some, my phone seems to respond a bit quicker than what I was used to. Here's hoping that there aren't any issues from this.
  6. vect97

vect97 New Member

Thanks guys. The list provided above helped a lot too. I finally got rid of SLACKER!!!!!!!
Search tags for this page
bloat s3
desinstalar motoactv
droid disable mog
droid razr color app
google play books bloat
how to make sure spam and bloat are uninstalled from your ph

how to uninstall motoactv

ics disable apps in app manager greyed out

remove motoactv app

titanium freeze google play

uninstall motoactv