1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to disable auto-complete when typing?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by rtb, Apr 15, 2010.

1. rtb

rtb New Member

Sometimes when typing a message or texting my words are switched to something that wasn't intended. How do I disable this feature? It's so annoying!
  2. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? New Member

I'm surprised no one has responded to you,

Here's how:
    Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Text input>Prediction unselect the check box. If you have a different key board (like Swype) installed there will be one more option before Text input and that will be >Touch input>

Hope this helps
  3. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

For some reason even after disabling this annoying feature it still auto completes on my eris. A rather amusing glitch I had the other day, I was trying to search for assassins creed 2 walkthroughs and it auto completed just the first 3 letters even though I typed in the whole thing and searched for the word ass lol
  4. pbz

pbz New Member

Thanks, ErisDroid?, finally got rid of auto correct

Hi, and Thanks EridDroid?,
    I had the android keyboard unchecked, google voice typing and swype both checked. I'd unselected Autocorrection in the Android keyboard settings, but what I'd missed was the Swype settings! Under Preferences, tap Word suggestion, then uncheck Auto correction.
    Hooray!
    I left a check next to Word suggestion, figuring I didn't care if it showed me words, just so it didn't automatically substitute them.
    Good luck to the rest of you!
Search tags for this page
android autocomplete disable
android clear autocomplete

android disable autocomplete

android turn off autocomplete
clear autocomplete android
desabilitar auto completar android
disable android autocomplete

disable autocomplete android

disable autocomplete on android

disable autotext android