how to designate audio track as.notification ringtone?

kasch18

Reaction score
How do I make an audio file my notification ringtone with the droid x. If I go to menu>settings>sounds and select notifications, I can only choose from the preloaded sound clips. If I long press on the track itself in the music player the only option is to make it a ringtone. This didn't seem to be an issue for me with the d1. Thx

veedubdan74

Reaction score
What I did is plug it into your computer in Mass Storage Mode, find the song or ringtone you want and copy them into Media > Audio > Notifications folder.

OP
K

kasch18

Reaction score
I don't show a media file on my removable drive when I connect via usb mass storage mode. Do you need to be rooted to see this?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
These are folders you create---media and inside of that ringtones, notifications and alarms then drop your MP3 files in the according folders

Lois

Reaction score
These are folders you create---media and inside of that ringtones, notifications and alarms then drop your MP3 files in the according folders

My DX allowed me to make these folcers on my sd card, but not in the main memory. I put an mp3 file in \media\audio\ringtones on the sd card, but the ringtones list doesn't recognize it.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

My DX allowed me to make these folcers on my sd card, but not in the main memory. I put an mp3 file in \media\audio\ringtones on the sd card, but the ringtones list doesn't recognize it.

thats because its in the wrong directory

Make a folder on the root of your SD card names "Ringtones" and one named "Notifications" put the .mp3 files into those directories and they will show up. :icon_ banana: