How to Deodex Droid 2 GB, no wipe required.

fishaholic

Reaction score
I emailed TBH but no reply, been having probs with deodexed version as well. Whatever you do, do not wipe data while installing or anytime after you have it running! Nothing but bootloops! Was able to get into clockwork and restore root gb version ok.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

how did you get into CW? i was able to do it using the volume up button on reboot but idk now its not working

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Maybe those apps are just having some issues with GB? I dont know, i havent had a force close after redownloading and flashing.

fishaholic

Reaction score
well after fighting with RSD and backing everything up it works!!!!

DO NOT WIPE PERIOD!!! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I COULD FIND TO MAKE THIS DEODEXED FILE WORK!!!

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
ok maybe I was freaking out for nothing. ha. I thought I flashed something wrong. The only apps I was having force close were Weatherbug and WordPress. Ha. So do I 2.2 stock > root > prerooted gingerbread > deodexed gb? Or do I 2.2 stock > root > deodexed? idk I'm so messed up... haha. Just trying to get this figured out.

fishaholic

Reaction score
haha yea it took me a while there is not definate answers so it was trial and error with extra error (mainly from wipe's)

you need to go 2.2 > 2.3.3 GB root > 2.3.3 GB deodexed.....

you can come straight from 2.3.3 GB rooted just dont wipe!

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
To think of it I didn't ever wipe except after sbf....bootloop...sounds good!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

fishaholic

Reaction score
yeah i had to wipe after SBF too, only way to get around the booplop but that was it

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Droid 2 deodexed on mydroidworld is cause all sorts of bootloops for everyone on there including me. I am back to manually doing it today because I had to sbf and re rom.

fishaholic

Reaction score
The Droid 2 deodexed on mydroidworld is cause all sorts of bootloops for everyone on there including me. I am back to manually doing it today because I had to sbf and re rom.

can you explain how to do it manually? i tried the directions in the begining of hte thread and kept on getting errors

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did you erase mediagallery and videoplayer.apk and .odex?

fishaholic

Reaction score
is that supposed to be done after step 1 & 2 right? thats when i did it, but not sure if thats when i was supposed to

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I've erased a lot of random Blur apks with the Uninstaller for Root, maybe too much. It's a little janky now. But at least I got deodexed gingerblur to boot finally! It booted from my first flash but I had random errors so I assumed wiping it out and reflashing all the back through would help. Maybe I was a little too over zealous. Also, anyone having the sync icno thing not going away? I find it really hard to believe its been syncing for the last 4 horus... ha. I even uninstalled the backup assistant apk! lol

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I just restored back to my odexed version. Didn't see any benefits for having it deodexed anyway. I'll wait until there's a version that doesn't mess up my Tweetdeck.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk