How to delete Preloaded apps

Preacherboybaptist

Reaction score
Hi I have a D2G from Verizon and I rooted it a and all, bout I want to delete every dumb app that is making it slow but, some are preloaded, and as you know you cannot delete them.

I may not be allowed to, but I need help breaking the rules. Unless its illegal.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

wildbill86

Reaction score
You won't be able to receive updates without the bloatware. Try freezing instead. Titanium backup, or bloat freezer.

Sent from my rooted D2G

Tdank

Reaction score
Check out the bloatware removal script stickied at the top of this forum. Its a good place to start if youre interested in getting rid of the crap in the stock ROM.

From there I would start pruning with Titatium as the other poster recommended.

There are several Custom ROMs available for the d2g that have the bloat as well as all the motoblur removed that can be.

You may want to look into flashing one of these as well.

rtz1069

Reaction score
I just got a droid 2 global and installed a couple of apps and when i tried to delete and send them to the trash they were still there. How do i remove them?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your phone has to be rooted in order to remove apps that come with the phone. If its rooted you could use titanium backup to simply remove them without any scripts although I don't know for certain if you can otherwise..

ronlsjr

Reaction score
Yes you have to root your phone. Dont remove your apps you need to just freez them untill you know for shure what apps is safe to delete or not. If you delete the wrong ones your going to be up the river without a paddle. Even a system reset will not help you if you delete the wrong apps. But if that happens you can just install a custom Rom for you phone from some of the devs on the forums. Or get the instructions to sbf back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't even have to freeze them. Whenr rooted, just go in with root explorer and change the extension of the app. That way you won't ssee it anymoe exccet in root explore.

As far as what you can samefly remove, their are about 50 threads on that. Uaw google and search apps safe to remove Droid Forums. All the threads will come up for you.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I just got a droid 2 global and installed a couple of apps and when i tried to delete and send them to the trash they were still there. How do i remove them?
If you downloaded them from the app market just either go back to app market and delete it there or long press the icon from your app tray and put it on a home screen, from there long press again till you see 3 choices above and choose delete

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!