how to delete internal memory? Maybe???

faithmusic

Reaction score
Hi, is there anyway to USB my droid to my laptop and delete some unwanted stuff from the internal memory? I 've downloaded a few videos from youtube and I believe the download went to both my sd card and my interenal memory? I checked my internal memory and it did go down.

I don't understand why that happened. So is there a way of deleting those internal videos from my phone?

Thanks.
:icon_eek:

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Hi, is there anyway to USB my droid to my laptop and delete some unwanted stuff from the internal memory? I 've downloaded a few videos from youtube and I believe the download went to both my sd card and my interenal memory? I checked my internal memory and it did go down.

I don't understand why that happened. So is there a way of deleting those internal videos from my phone?

Thanks.

You would need to be rooted to manually manage things in internal memory. And downloaded things will always go to SD, not internal memory.

OP
faithmusic

faithmusic

Reaction score

Thanks.

You would need to be rooted to manually manage things in internal memory. And downloaded things will always go to SD, not internal memory.

Where in my droid would those video downloads be? If they're not on my sd card?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
You probably got a download error and they didn't finish if they didn't show up. All dowloaded items (excluding apps, system updates, ect.) go to sdcard/download by default

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
faithmusic

faithmusic

Reaction score
You probably got a download error and they didn't finish if they didn't show up. All dowloaded items (excluding apps, system updates, ect.) go to sdcard/download by default

after my video download, it did go to the sd card, but I also lost some internal memory.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Well I'm honestly not sure why or how that would happen, sorry. Anyone else have ideas?

Karen Arthur

Reaction score
There is a simple way to remove internal memory of the phone. First remove your SD card from phone and check the memory status it will shows you how much data you have. Go to device manager and add remove you will get the option of format phone, click this one and your internal memory will be cleared.